Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you knew then what you know now?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Would you have married/ had babies with who you did?

And why.

My husband now I wouldn't change but the fact I didn't save myself for marriage I wish I could change soo badly.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Replies (111-120):
TessB
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:05 AM
I wouldn't have had children at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Absolutely. I am happily married to my DH of 22 years. Our twins are the joy of my life. I'm still glad I didn't save myself and slept with all the men I did before, I needed to get that out of my system.

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Quoting TessB:

I wouldn't have had children at all.

:(

LadyDIN
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Same sentiment, different reason. I just wish I could help DH support us better. It feels  like alot falls on him, and I feel bad for that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would have put more value on getting an education/ having a means of independence first. I love my husband, but even if I didn't...I'd be stuck with him. I don't like that feeling. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
xomrsweaver
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:18 AM

I completely love my husband and I would still marry and have children with him, but I would have probably had sex with someone else before him. It caused a lot of problems that he's been with other girls before me so to save us both the headache, I should've got my bone on and not waited for the right guy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:20 AM
I can relate to that as well.

Quoting LadyDIN:

Same sentiment, different reason. I just wish I could help DH support us better. It feels  like alot falls on him, and I feel bad for that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would have put more value on getting an education/ having a means of independence first. I love my husband, but even if I didn't...I'd be stuck with him. I don't like that feeling. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:28 AM
That's awesome I'm glad you have someone like that

Quoting LadyDIN:

My standards were significantly lower. He graduated HS, no problems with police, or drugs. He'd left college when I met him. He was a clean straight shooter that wasn't abusive. He... he actually made me feel good about myself! Honestly it's a much healthier relationship than I ever actually saw myself in. He's been a super good influence. It's funny that we wouldn't have met if my ex hadn't been such a lying a**hole. He introduced us actually.

Mine was a DND (a friend's dad was the dungeon master I kid you not) nerd in HS. lol. I used to joke that I'd have quietly baked him mountains of cookies and been friend-zoned.

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel the same about my dh. When I was younger I didn't think someone like my dh would even look twice at me he was the captain of the football team in hs. And I would think he was way out of my league lol.

Quoting LadyDIN:

Ditto! If I'd known that a man like DH would even look at me, let alone marry me, I would have saved myself for him. My only comfort is to know that even if he wasn't my first, he will be my last.

sbanks143
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:30 AM
That's tough. I love my kids and my husband, they are everything to me. So, I guess I'm just glad I can't go back and have to decide to change anything. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StarrTurner
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:30 AM
I would have gotten with my husband sooner then I did. But that is about all I would change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:32 AM
I wouldn't have got married. He's a lying, cheating ass. I wasted 6 years of my life with that fool.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)