Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That was embarrassing :( *TMI*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My post partum visit was today. I opted for Mirena for birth control. My appointment was 1:45. I sat in the waiting room until 3:00. They took my blood pressure, asked me 50 million questions, and had me pee in a cup. At 3:25 they had me undress from the waist down and sit and wait.

I started my period yesterday, which isn't normally a big deal. But OMG. This time it's SUPER heavy. Plus my allergies are acting up......AND I was sitting there like that until 4:45!!

I was sitting there with a blue sheet over me, and my legs closed. I started sneezing, sneezed 6 times in a row. With the last sneeze, I noticed an orangish spot on the sheet. I lifed it up and where my legs are closed...I've gushed blood and it's puddled up on my thighs. There's no way for me to get across the room to get cleaned up without dripping blood in the floor.

When I finally felt comfortable enough to get up, my OB comes in the room. Not only is it just him and his nurse, but there were students with him too.

I apologized for my bloody appearance. He laughed and had me put my feet up and spread my legs open....and I sneezed, so that brings another gush of blood. He said "OMG! I didn't believe you when you said it was REALLY heavy. I thought you were just being dramatic. Hopefull the Mirena will slow it down some."

He put the Mirena in and him and the students walked out, and I got the nurse to hand me some of those little toweletts you clean yourself with before peeing in a cup and a pad. She left and I cleaned myself up and walked out.  :(

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
jynkx
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

thats what i thought she was gonna say....lol.

Quoting cLanief:

OMG! But I was waiting for the clencher... You sneezed and it sprayed all over his face! THAT would have made this the BEST read eveeeerrrrrrrrrrr!

come follow me as i talk about all sorts of things! http://msjynkx.blogspot.com/

tami_n_joe
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I had something simalar to that happen during my post partum check up except i was more sad then embarrassed. I was having my 2 or 4 week follow-up(i had a c-section) and the dr had me completely undress and wear a gown. i ebf my son and was pumping and nursing. Well baby was asleep the entire appointment. he would wake up crying which would trigger me to drop but i had bottles i pumped for him. By the time the dr came in a hour or so later my gown was soaked from my milk leaking! i was upset it went to waste!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:47 PM

It would have been WAY different if the appointment went as fast as it would normally. I'm usually in and out of there and that's that. But sitting there with nothing to stop the bleeding for an hour was just too much. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh my God I am so sorry :( I am so private about those things... I would not have gone if I was having my period, I just could not do that.... BIG *hugs* And if it were me I could never see that ob again... never.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I would have rescheduled my appointment until I was off my period.

ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:48 PM

wow i would have told him to have the students leave i know at my clinic they ask permission first. and I wouldn't have waiting until 3. I would have walked out beforethen but it isn't normal to wait that long at my clinic. :S Sorry aboutthe embrassing moment. eek

biancalina20
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Wow sorry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Aww, I am sorry!  They usually want you to be on your period.  About 5 years ago they did when I got mine. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:50 PM

If the Mirena doesn't work.....ask for Lysteda.  I have been on it for 6 months, and it works wonders.  I no longer worry about leaks.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM

There's a permission signed and in my chart, but he does normally warn me.

And no, it's not normal to wait that long here either. But TWICE (once in the waiting room, and once right after I sent my sample to the lab) I heard the call bell dinging and nurses yelling....then sirens. That means they sent two patients to the hospital while I was there :X 

Quoting ilovemykids323:

wow i would have told him to have the students leave i know at my clinic they ask permission first. and I wouldn't have waiting until 3. I would have walked out beforethen but it isn't normal to wait that long at my clinic. :S Sorry aboutthe embrassing moment. eek

lauraschatz
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Oh that is awful. I'm so sorry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)