Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Need advice on little girls

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I have a 6 yr old dd lately she has been acting really mean.She is my only girl so I'm not sure what to expect.I know girls are more emotional than boys.one minute she says I'm the worst mommy ever, the next she is saying she loves me too much.lolHer mood changes real fast all the time,she has no patients .Should be concerned or is normal behavior for a 6 yr old girl?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:33 AM

NORMAL

littleladiesx3
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this
It's practice for 10 years from now, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Norm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:36 AM

This is NOTHING, lol

Wait until Puberty hits......trust me you will then be praying for her to be 6 again, lol

pittiesmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Normal for sure. My 3yo is just starting this. One minute she's screaming at me and the next she wants to cuddle. It drives me nuts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jesistar6910
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this

A) It's normal.

B) I should hope that she doesn't have any "patients," she needs like, 25 more years of schooling at least before I'd let her be my doctor. LOL...(sorry for the lame attempt at humor. I'm trying to stay positive while in the ICU waiting room).

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Totally normal...They try to play on your guilt so you will give in to them...she will continue to do this the rest of her life....LOL

kiralyn
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Sounds just like my 6 year old! Today it was because *insert random classmate's name* was having a party and EVERYONE at school was invited. No invitation, no time, no place. I said "Sorry, babe, we aren't going." Here comes the "YOU NEVER LET ME GO TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS PARTIES...WAAAAAH" -runs to her bedroom-

10 minutes later, "Hey Mom, wanna play bakery?"

:)

DestinyHLewis
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Yes it is normal. However, you need to call it as you see it and rein in disrespectful behavior. You don't want to ignore it because people said its normal and then have all kinds of trouble on your plate at 13.
3babiesofmyown
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Mine does that. Sounds normal. Don't react emotionally. When mine tells me I'm mean I respond with "it's fine that you feel that way at the moment but do not continue to be disrespectful" that's usually all it takes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)