Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dude! be grateful!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I need to get my DH an anniversary gift and birthday gift. (his birthday is right after out anniversary). I went to the mall today to look around and see if I could find anything that he might like.... yeah no luck.

I've asked DH what he would like and I get "I dunno" or "nothing." I made the mistake of getting him nothing one year for Valentines day when he said nothing and we agreed NOT to get anything for each other. No matter what I get him, it's always the same thing. he is bland about it. he never gets happy or excited. He frequently complains that it's not "him". even if I get him something FROM his LIST that he says he wanted it's the same thing! Just be grateful! sheesh.

So here I am, completely at a loss for what to get for him! He likes video games, but says that he doesn't have time to play them (he really doesn't). He likes mind games like rubix cubes and things like that, but once he solves them (or decides that he can't solve them) he puts them down and stops playing. He likes to exercise, but has all of the equipment he needs. he says I am not allowed to buy clothes for him because he has a specific taste and I'm not that great at style.

Please help me? give me some ideas on what to give him?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Replies (11-20):
LadyDIN
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:28 AM

What kind of gamer is he? Old schoo, mario, or COD kind of games? Game shwag usually works for my DH. Is there anything that would make his life easier, more comfy, safer etc?

DH and I picked out a CO2 pistol for his birthday. He wears it when he walks home from work. It makes him feel safer, and I feel better too.

boys2men2soon
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Gift Certificates for Oil Changes, car washes or car detailing.

I bet if you got him a video game he'd find time to play.

LadyDIN
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Can't go wrong with super fun date time! Is there something you both enjoy doing, or something (like paintball) that he doesn't get to do often? Maybe pay for a few hours for him and a couple friends. Boy time, or couple time. Which ever you think he'd enjoy more.

But for sure a good anniversary date is a hell of a place to start.

RLT2
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:42 AM

boobies

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:28 AM

he has an xbox and kinect. the only game he's played recently was with our DS Rayman. the only reason he played was for some quality time with DS.

Quoting LadyDIN:

What kind of gamer is he? Old schoo, mario, or COD kind of games? Game shwag usually works for my DH. Is there anything that would make his life easier, more comfy, safer etc?

DH and I picked out a CO2 pistol for his birthday. He wears it when he walks home from work. It makes him feel safer, and I feel better too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I do the car services and take care of the cars already. I also feel badly giving him a gift card because I am a SAHM.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Gift Certificates for Oil Changes, car washes or car detailing.

I bet if you got him a video game he'd find time to play.

Gealach
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

beer

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this
A keg
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:34 AM

LOL. he doesn't drink.

Quoting AF2011:

A keg

Gealach
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:36 AM

um....... a super awesome blow job?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)