Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so happy and nervous!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I have been cosleeping with my son since he was a month old, yes we tool every safety precaution that was available. Well for the past month and half, he is now almost ten months, we have been easing him back into the crib. Well tonight he finally has done it! He went to sleep on his own in his crib!

Now the hard part! I'm so nervous, and sad, I want to scoop him up and snuggle him so bad! I already miss sleeping with him, he was my snuggle bug. And I'm scared that he will stop breathing and I will not know. He stopped breathing twice before, which is a big reason we started to cosleep. I am also afraid he is going to be cold! Is it ok if I put a blanket on him?

This is going to be a long night.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
junebutterfly
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Dress him in a sleeper. And he shouldn't stop breathing at this age. Good luck mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:58 AM
No blankets. Sleeper bag, I love them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sbanks143
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Enjoy the extra room in your bed! Stop worrying. Millions of babies sleep away from their mothe every night and are just fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikkiDoll89
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Once my son could move around good on his own I gave him lil blankies. But most of the time we kept him in a sleeper onesie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Momma, why'd you go anon for this? This is a good and logical question! He will be fine, keep checking on him or put a baby monitor in there so you can hear him breathe. My daughter had blankets at that age, so a blanket should be okay. Snuggle him in the morning extra, or put him back in your bed if it will help you sleep better. This is such a milestone though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:05 AM

i know what you mean by missing him. my 3yo will sneak into our bed a few times a week, and when we have a few days without him doing that i dont sleep as well, lol. and the really funny thing is i usually dont even notice him coming to bed.

EthansMomma2010
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:09 AM
Blankets are really a toss up at this age. Why are you easing him back at such a young age? Not judging just curious. I love the blanket sleepers or sleep sacks instead of blankets for warmth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Get him a sleeper bag. My girls actually loved those
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyDIN
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:44 AM

DH has declared that we won't even start co-sleeping. He doesn't want the hassle of weaning him from our bed.

Obvs. it worked for you though. Strength to you mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured