Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Locking your toddler in his/her room?

Posted by   + Show Post

I got this from another group.  

If your almost 2 year old could climb out of his crib, and get out of the baby gates at night, is it ok to just lock him/her in their room, even with a baby monitor inside of their room? 

I don't do this, my kids usually stay in their beds at night, so I don't have this problem yet.

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Replies (261-263):
Sharell8710
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:20 PM
No way! Major fire hazard.
Alex21328
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM
I never locked the door, I would sit on the other side and hold the door shut and wait till my toll set fell asleep
MamaJAG
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Yep.  I do.  I turned the door knob around so the lock is on the outside.  He is a regular bed in the room next to the stairs and we are all the way down the hall.  He is a climber, as well.  He started climbing ladders at 11 months and can now get to his brother's top bunk without the ladder.  Our bedroom is at the end of the hall.  We all sleep with fans for white noise.  I also have a monitor in our room, but he is quiet and sneaky.  He can unlock dead bolts.  There is a MUCH larger chance of him getting up and wandering outside in the middle of the night (we live in Vegas, BTW) than there is of a fire.  And there is no way I would leave the house without him anyway.  So I prefer to guard against the higher danger.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)