Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So you don't cry it out.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What about when the baby is older and not "crying" so much as "yelling in anger".

My dd is 14 months, she goes to sleep just fine in her crib but wakes up at least once. I come in with a sippy of water and leave the room. She throws a temper tantrum like when she's not allowed to play with something she wants. The longest it ever lasted was 15 minutes. Since that it has lessened to less than 2 minutes.

Honestly up until about a week and a 1/2 ago I would sit in there until she settled down,often falling asleep on the floor, but the second she heard a footstep she was up screaming. It was one night after playing this game from 2:30am to 4am that I had enough and just walked out, shut her door and laid in my bed across the hall. She screamed for all of 5 minutes before she was out without a peep until 7:45.

I was such a sucker giving into her tantrums. We all have gotten so much more sleep now that she is only yelling for one burst instead of repeatedly through the night.

Would you ladies have handled it any differently? Co-sleeping is out because she is a damn bed hog. :)
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Replies (21-30):
Hilary799
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Oh yeah! After 5 kids...I know lol. (Doesn't mean I'm perfect btw lol)

Quoting Anonymous:

if it was honest crying, it would be differnt. But yelling at mommy doesn't change that it's bed time.

I'm glad you know what I mean.

Quoting Hilary799:

I did the same.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:58 AM
I think past a year it's fine. As long as you don't let them cry for an hour or more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:58 AM
By that age it is more a battle of wills..and seeing if she can get you to come in there. :) i am not a fan of CIO for a young baby but once you hit over a year or so..you are good. Jmho :)
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Nope. I have done and still do the same thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soulawakening82
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM
My 2 year old did that! I'm against CIO if all they want is to be held, cuddled and loved, but he would throw fits, no matter what I did! If I held him, it didn't help, and sometimes made it worse! He was your daughter's age when he did this. He also would be "screaming" in his crib, while staring at the tv! (Yes my kids have a tv in their room) I would watch him without him knowing it. He would be "crying" with no tears at all, and without ever taking his eyes off the tv! Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM
My youngest is 9 months old. Lately, I've been able to put her to bed, still awake, with little fuss because she doesn't usually last past 8pm. Last night she was up late playing, but she was getting so tired. She was fed and changed, and snuggled. when she fel, I just knew she was done, so I picked her up, kissed her and took her to bed. She cried for, I swear not even 20 seconds before she went to bed for b the night. If it had been anymore than a protest, then I would have picked her up until she felt safe again. It's taken this long, and I'm proud of both of us. Mind you, she's my third girl, and I was nowhere near this brave with my other two.,
rgba
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Mine is 3 and I have never done cio
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimmie678
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:32 AM
I just meant in general my babies aren't babies anymore lol they r 7 and 8

Quoting MusicMuse1991:

Quoting kimmie678:

I could never do that to my baby .. they don't understand why u are doing it.. its mean jmo

& how old is your baby?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DestinyHLewis
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Sounds like you did the right thing to me. ;-)
DestinyHLewis
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:34 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

By that age it is more a battle of wills..and seeing if she can get you to come in there. :) i am not a fan of CIO for a young baby but once you hit over a year or so..you are good. Jmho :)

YEP! This!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN