Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so angry at her. Edit in blue. Final Edit in Purple.

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:35 AM
  • 7 Replies

And, I know I shouldn't be because she is probably going to die tonight. But I am. I am angry that she couldn't get her shit together and stop drinking. I am angry that she couldn't do what she said she would and stop taking the pain pills.

I am angry that her husband spent over 50K of money he doesn't have on two separate rehabs this year, and she relapsed within a month of getting out of each.

I am angry that I have to watch my DH struggle with the thought of losing his mom. She had so many chances, and so many people who wanted her to get better, but she wouldn't or couldn't do it.

My MIL got out of rehab two months ago. After 17 days, she relapsed and drank an entire 5th of vodka (eta - the 5th was in one day, everyday she drinks about 12 beers and some whiskey). Then suddenly four days ago she decided to quit drinking, but had a bad withdrawl seizure and she pumped her head on the counter top when she fell to the ground. Instead of going to the doctor, she just though "fuck it, I'll take more vicodin 3s."

Her already taxed liver (almost 20 years of abuse has her liver fucked) couldn't handle the extra amount of acetomenaphin(sp?). She went into acute liver failure, is not a candidate for transplant and unless this liver washing drug (some drug that they are giving her to bond with the acetomenaphen in her liver and filter it out of the body) works, she will be dead by the end of the month.

SMH. I am so pissed off at her right now. I am beginning to wonder if it is normal, or if I am just at that point where I was subconciously expecting this to happen? I don't know. All I know is that my DH is hurting and there is nothing I can do for him, except be there and hold his hand. I just hope that it's enough.

/vent.

EDIT: So, the liver washing drug did not work. She is on lfe support now because her liver just stopped working again last night, even before the meds had a chance to finish working. The doctor's just updated us an hour or so ago. She is going to die sometime in the next 24 hours. There is nothing that can be done. Nothing.

Thanks for all your well wishes (Sassy - thanks for the Dean gifs, they helped a little last night). I am being designated by my very small family of in-laws to be the bearer of bad news to all of her friends and our friends. It's a job that I don't want, but have to do.

EDIT #2: at 11:06am my MIL passed away after a long battle with alcoholism, and drug addiction. She died from massive organ failure (liver went, then kidneys, then lungs). Any organs that can be donated are being harvested as we speak. Her service is later on this weekend. I don't know what to do.

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Wow...thats hard. I fear this is the path my kids father is on so I can relate to the anger you feel. It makes me angry the way he does too. He has been on life support so many times the last two years but always pulls through and is right back at it again. He is in the hospital at least once a month if not more because he ods all the time.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:53 AM
:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:55 AM

i would be so mad too. and not mad cause what she is doing to herself, but mad because of what she is doing to everyone else. dont vent to your dh please. let him vent to you tho, just bitch it out here.

kiralyn
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:58 AM

I'm sorry :-/

MumsTheWord571
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:00 AM
I'm sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Goofygadget
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:02 AM
That really sucks for your hubby :( I hope she pulls through and that this will be a wake up call for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I'm so sorry your family is going through this.........

You have every right to feel like this......(((HUGS)))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured