Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Jessica Ridgeway. I think I am going to be sick.

Posted by   + Show Post
Authorities have found a body not far from where she disappeared, and undisclosed authorities have said the body matches the description of this sweet angel. I wish I didn't think this case had come to a halt, but I am guessing this is her. I want to puke. I cannot imagine. Just devastated. ;-(

I have 3 little girls. Even though we only live less that 1/4 of a mile from their school, I will not allow them to walk alone. In my neighborhood it would probably be safe but you never know. What do you do??? Do you worry?

My heart is breaking for this family.
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Replies (71-73):
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:04 AM
I am in Boulder right now for work. They were just talking about it. I didn't hear about a body being found. It must have just happened. Poor girl. I hope it's not her, but it's somebody's baby either way. So sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
It's so hard to explain to them. My words were "you fight like hell if anyone ever tries to take or hurt you, even if they threaten your life. You fight like hell!" Dd was good with that. Thankfully, stranger abduction is still a very rare thing. Doesn't matter though if it happens to someone you know and love...

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting Anonymous:

So sad. I was just talking to my ten year old about this today. That video they released of her... It was only seconds but it felt like I was watching my own child. She makes videos like that constantly. Just hit close to home. I truly hope they find who did this. I hope the family and the people of Denver get to know what happened to their child... It's just awful.

My 8 year old asked about this today when the news was on. I explained what we knew. She just looked at me horrified and said WHO WOULD DO SO,ETHING LIKE THAT?!? I just told her that is why mommy always tells you to stay close, never walk away from mommy or daddy, and never, never go with a stranger or even a friend without the password. ;-(
DestinyHLewis
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Quoting motherslove82:

I am in Boulder right now for work. They were just talking about it. I didn't hear about a body being found. It must have just happened. Poor girl. I hope it's not her, but it's somebody's baby either way. So sad.

It happened earlier today, but the word got out to the news later this evening. It doesn't look good. ;-(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)