Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you have had an abortion.... questions

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

I'm not here to bash you, I'm here to be informed.

I want to know about the emotions involved with it. 

Do you get to see the procedure done on the ultrasound machine?

What is the process of the procedure like?

Do you see any of the fetus after the procedure?

How long did it take you to get over it emotionally?

How do you "not regret it"

And any other information you are willing to share. I personally have never had one, just curious. Answer anonymously if you want.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:00 AM
My mom forced me to when I was 15. This was yrs ago...I didn't know I had a choice and I was scared of her. I regret it....we stopped talking for yrs....I have nightmares and used to sleepwalk. I was devestated and I'm learning to move on. They did ultrasound before the proceedure that's it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM
You don't see anything being done. At least I didn't. I kept my eyes glued to the ceiling the entire time, trying to fight back tears. I regret it everyday. I had a friend who had one done, she made the mistake of looking down immediately when it was over :-(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this
"How do you not regret it?"

FAIL. This post reaks of political propaganda!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:04 AM
2 moms liked this

1. No, I chose not to see the procedure done on the ultrasound machine.

2. No I did not see the fetus after the procedure.

3. I am still not over it emotionally, but I know I made the right choice.

4. I regret that I got pregnant in the first place. I regret that the IUD failed. I regret that my husband and I were put in the position to make the choice between adding another child when we were unable to take care of them all. The timing wasn't good at all. Nothing could have made it good. We couldn't afford the medical for the baby or me.

Quit baiting people by using words like regret. This post is not fueled by curiosity. You enjoy poking at others wounds. It was made to stir up trouble, and it irks me.

Not every person has a fairy tale life where they don't have to make some hard choices that they wish they were never faced with.

So, just stop.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:04 AM
I had mine done chemically. They have me a couple of different pills to take and it was basically like a miscarriage. I was at home. It was horrific. There was so much blood and the pain was excruciating. My dh and I regret it. It was hard to move on. I still think about it occasionally. I'll never do it again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

My mom forced me to when I was 15. This was yrs ago...I didn't know I had a choice and I was scared of her. I regret it....we stopped talking for yrs....I have nightmares and used to sleepwalk. I was devestated and I'm learning to move on. They did ultrasound before the proceedure that's it.

OMG, thats messed up your mother didnt give you the choice IMO :( I never expected to hear a story like this and my heart is breaking for you :(

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM
2 moms liked this

no, I did not "get" to see it done on the ultrasound

no, I did not see the embryo, it was done at 7 weeks

I was relieved as soon as it was over

I did not regret it because it was the right choice for me at the time

I find your questions offensive, sorry if you do not intend them to be

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM
I was talked into it by my family and I do regret it. It's really strained my relationship with my mother and aunt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Look, I'm prolife but I'm gonna give it to you straight. Everyone will lie to this question, depending on what their personal belief is. If they are prochoice they're going to tell you about how they did it, it's just a quick thing to get rid of some cells, like a mole removal and say they have never thought about it again...If they're prolife they're going to tell you about how they were in tears over it, how they didn't know what was going on and they have never been the same sense.

The best advice I can give you is be realistic with yourself. Will YOU be able to live with whatever decision you make? I know lots of people have to convince themselves of certain things in order to square it away emotionally, then it comes back to them. As long as you are informed and you can at least think about how YOU would feel, it doesn't matter what anyone else felt. They're probably full of shit anyway.

And once again someone who thinks there are only two sets of feelings for a very complex issue with very complex emotions and thoughts that go with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

"How do you not regret it?"

FAIL. This post reaks of political propaganda!

I hear alot of women say they dont regret it so Im curious

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)