Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you have had an abortion.... questions

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm not here to bash you, I'm here to be informed.

I want to know about the emotions involved with it. 

Do you get to see the procedure done on the ultrasound machine?

What is the process of the procedure like?

Do you see any of the fetus after the procedure?

How long did it take you to get over it emotionally?

How do you "not regret it"

And any other information you are willing to share. I personally have never had one, just curious. Answer anonymously if you want.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Replies (41-49):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I remember they had the 700 club playing on the tv in the waiting room. ha.
The emotion I remember feeling was nervousness that the procedure would not go as planned.
I didn't watch it being done and didn't know you could? I kept my eyes on the ceiling the whole time. I did feel a bit of pain though because I wasn't hydrated and they couldn't find a good vein for the IV painkiller.
I didn't cry afterwards or feel any regret. I still don't regret the decision.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:58 AM

How long did it take you to get over it emotionally? never 

Do you regret it? Yes

but my was in a different case my mom and dad didn't want me to keep it.. i hide it from them for 24 weeks 25 was the cut off at the place i went to.. 17 years later i still have problems with it. DH is very understanding about it i was up front with him on it way back when we were just friends so he knew before he even asked me to date him.. two a small town living everyone knew but they didn't knew the truth he knew the truth from the state..  but yes i wish i have my 17 year old today and i know i would never see him.. i wish my boys i have now i wish they could have got to knew there brother even if we had to say it was there uncle i would have cared as long as i got to keep him living.. that's if my mom and dad took him after he was born.. But i did wanted to keep him.. i didn't find out what i was having until i went in for the abort him.. no Dr. up until then.. 

myname27
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:02 AM

i have never had an abortion nor will I ever, I believe every child deservs life and who am i to say they don't deserve to live? I do not pick and choose which baby gets life..... this is just me... not bashing.... I worry about my own body and I could never hurt my child. I am so sorry for people who were forced into abortions.... I would never force my daughters

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I have had several abortions, one of them being at 26 weeks. idgaf. Its never bothered me at all.

xanthian41691
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I'm pregnant with my second child and have never had an abortion. For the longest time, since I found out about abortion, I thought it was an abomination and was ProLife 110%. Now I'm hearing stories (not just this thread, but for a while now) from people and it's not all black and white. There are emotions and a lot of thought put into something like this (for normal people anyway, chick who said she had "several" and "doesn't give a f" is batshit crazy). 

I understand that there are situations in which this feels like the only option for that person (like the lady who got raped by her brother ; I am so sorry by the way! I was molested by my much older step-brother for 4 years but hadn't gone through puberty yet so no pregnancy) and I think in those situations it's more understandable. I still don't agree with abortion as a form of birth control though. That's just sick. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Do you get to see the procedure done on the ultrasound machine? - Nope, however I did see the fetus on ultrasound prior to the procedure.

What is the process of the procedure like? - Noisy. A little uncomfortable, but not painful.

Do you see any of the fetus after the procedure? - No

How long did it take you to get over it emotionally? - No time, I wasn't emotional about it at all.

How do you "not regret it" - It was the best choice for me at the time. I rarely think about it and when I do, I know that for me, it was the right choice. I rarely regret choices I make, don't see the point in wasting time regretting something I can't change, and quite frankly, wouldn't change.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:39 PM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Thanks everyone for replying. As promised I'm not here to bash,just curious. God willing I hope to never be in a situation to need one, however I understand in some of your situations. I don't know if I either pro choice or pro life. I understand both situations and my heart goes out to you. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:29 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)