Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

teen moms, I have a question..

Posted by   + Show Post

So, I had my son super young.  I got preggo at 14 and had him at 15.  I love my son dearly, and I wouldn't trade this life for anything in the world, but knowing what I know now I would have given adoption a better chance.  Although his life hasn't been a shitty one by any means, I wouldn't have been able to do any of it without the help of my dad, some great people at the daycare he went to, and really close friends.  And I know that if he had been adopted that he would have had a much more normal and stable life from the start. 

I dont regret my decision, but if I could go back in time and do it differently I would have considered it.

Do any of you feel the same way?

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM
Replies (51-55):
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:26 AM

~Hugs~

Quoting onethentwins:

Maybe it does. It's complicated.

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

You might feel it was a mistake but it seems it turned out well...You know him now that he's an adult I take it??  Like I told the OP...everything happens for a reason!!!

Quoting onethentwins:

19. On boy one girl. They're wonderful people. I kept waiting for teen rebellion which never came, unless you call my boy joining the Marines rebellion.

The "one" in  my name is my son that I gave up for adoption. Which is why I'm so passionate about this topic, the worst mistake of my life. He's in my avatar with me and his adoptive mother, we're celebrating his 21st birthday.

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

onethentwins...I'm assuming you have twins?  Me to...Mine are 16 now..identical girls  you?

Quoting onethentwins:

I agree. There's nothing selfish about being responsible enough to raise your own baby. Your baby loved and wanted you, nothing more.

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Darlin that's not selfish...It would be selfish if you were a drug addict or whatever and couldn't care for him but wanted him anyways...You love him and you provide right?  So I don't think that's selfish.

Quoting manicMOM_DLC:

youre right, of course.

im just saying i would have at least considered it.  I feel like I made the choice because I was selfish.  I kept him because I loved him dearly and I needed something to give me meaning in life. 

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

You don't know for sure adoption would have been better...what if he was adopted to someone screwed up...EVERYTHING happens for a reason...If hes happy then your doing good!  I was 18 when I got preg and 19 when I had them..I wouldn't trade them for anything...I feel like they saved me

xomrsweaver
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:38 AM

I don't....but I got pregnant at 17 and my husband and I already owned a business and had the life we wanted to provide for our children. It would've taken a hell of a lot for me to put my daughter up for adoption. 

Elayna90
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:42 AM
Right now, no.
In the first two years, I felt like he would have been better off with someone else. I was also severely depressed during that time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manicMOM_DLC
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Quoting xomrsweaver:

I don't....but I got pregnant at 17 and my husband and I already owned a business and had the life we wanted to provide for our children. It would've taken a hell of a lot for me to put my daughter up for adoption. 

i dont wanna come off rude, but girl, your preggo belly is HUGE!

xomrsweaver
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:51 PM

haha I hear it all the time. You wouldn't believe how many people tell me on a daily basis that they think i'm having twins or a 20 lbs baby since I was so much smaller with my others. I can't believe I still have until the end of the month. Lugging this humongo belly around feels like death. lol

Quoting manicMOM_DLC:

Quoting xomrsweaver:

i dont wanna come off rude, but girl, your preggo belly is HUGE!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)