Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teen moms, I have a question..

Posted by   + Show Post

So, I had my son super young.  I got preggo at 14 and had him at 15.  I love my son dearly, and I wouldn't trade this life for anything in the world, but knowing what I know now I would have given adoption a better chance.  Although his life hasn't been a shitty one by any means, I wouldn't have been able to do any of it without the help of my dad, some great people at the daycare he went to, and really close friends.  And I know that if he had been adopted that he would have had a much more normal and stable life from the start. 

I dont regret my decision, but if I could go back in time and do it differently I would have considered it.

Do any of you feel the same way?

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM
Replies (21-30):
legalmommy101
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

No, and what makes you assume he would have had a more "normal and stable life" with someone else? You are his mother. Biologically, you are perfect to raise your OWN child. It's up to YOU what kind of life your child has. If you had given him up, you give up the power to make sure he has a good life. Not every child who is adopted has such a wonderful life. There are many, many cases of adoptive parents abusing their adopted children.

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Lol! I fell out laughing when I read the reply.

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

I'll be sure to never help out a fellow mom and bump a post ever again! Damn me to hell.

Quoting moosesmom:

Well she did say she was 24 at the time...lol. I'm pretty sure she knew she wasn't a teen mom.

Quoting danichaos:

Well then you're not a teen mom then, aren't you??

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

No but I waited and had my first at 24. Here's a bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Here's a bump just because

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

I know. Fuck me running.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Bitch lol

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

I'll be sure to never help out a fellow mom and bump a post ever again! Damn me to hell.

Quoting moosesmom:

Well she did say she was 24 at the time...lol. I'm pretty sure she knew she wasn't a teen mom.

Quoting danichaos:

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Yea. A simple "bump" simply will not do.

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Quoting moosesmom:

Quoting danichaos:

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

NyiaBaby216
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:18 AM
I had DD at 17 and DS at 18. They've had a pretty great life, and I wouldnt trade them for anything, but if I couldve planned things differently, I would've.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:19 AM
I've never considered myself a teen mom, but I guess technically I was. My daughter was born 2 days before my 20th. I just wish I could change who her dad is. There a few exact moments that I now realize I should have just listened to other people. But if he wasn't her dad, I wouldn't be with my SO and have our amazing son, or my other beautiful son.
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:19 AM

You don't know for sure adoption would have been better...what if he was adopted to someone screwed up...EVERYTHING happens for a reason...If hes happy then your doing good!  I was 18 when I got preg and 19 when I had them..I wouldn't trade them for anything...I feel like they saved me

MyLittlePwny
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:19 AM
LMAO. You better be a teen mom too or else you'll get shamed too. There's another reply telling me I should have just said "bump". All these damned rules.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Here's a bump just because

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

I know. Fuck me running.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Bitch lol

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Quoting moosesmom:

Quoting danichaos:

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manicMOM_DLC
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM

you're absolutely right.

but i did have him at 15.  30  days after my birthday.  statistically, he would have had a better life in adoption.  I will reiterate that I do not regret my choice, but knowing what I know now i woul dhave at least considered it.

Quoting legalmommy101:

No, and what makes you assume he would have had a more "normal and stable life" with someone else? You are his mother. Biologically, you are perfect to raise your OWN child. It's up to YOU what kind of life your child has. If you had given him up, you give up the power to make sure he has a good life. Not every child who is adopted has such a wonderful life. There are many, many cases of adoptive parents abusing their adopted children.

MyLittlePwny
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM
2 moms liked this
I didn't know there were rules to bumping a post. Now I can see why some of you were teen moms. Too focused on the petty shit and not what's important. Have fun with that sweetie.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea. A simple "bump" simply will not do.

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Quoting moosesmom:

Quoting danichaos:

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured