Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

pizza hut accepts ebt...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
As I'm turing onto my street, I see sign's in pizza huts grass saying " we now accept ebt " how lovely! Dh just lost his job after he gave them his two weeks, he doesn't start his next job for three, but we have enough saved and refuse to get any help. Its nice they can use tax dollars to get some fucking pizza though -___-
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Replies (11-20):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:08 AM

I have seen those signs in McD's in NYC

Animated banner with a ghost says Have a Spooky Halloween                                          

xomrsweaver
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:09 AM

The ebt part they accept is the cash aid, not food stamps. Anyone who gets cash aid can go to an ATM and take the money out of their card and use it for whatever they want, so whats the difference?

MissLeanna
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:10 AM
It's a down economy.
*shrugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Ebt cards also are used for cash assistance & ssi here. So did it say foodstamps specifically or just ebt?

But it wouldn't surprise me being last year they were debating if they should allow hot meals to be purchased with F's. Because homeless people don't have a place to cook.
Dumbest thing I've heard. Instead of giving them food that some working people can't afford, give them a place to live & job to do. Help get them off F's. but that's not easy so it'll never happen.
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:10 AM
2 moms liked this
*shrugs* As long as your family is eating I don't care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:11 AM

They started this new thing now where if your disabled and get food stamps you can go to a restaurant and use your card...I guess b/c if your disabled then it would be hard to cook for yourself sometimes...But if you can get out to go to the restaurant you prob could cook yourself a meal...IDK

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:11 AM
I'm assuming ebt since that's all I saw.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ebt cards also are used for cash assistance & ssi here. So did it say foodstamps specifically or just ebt?

But it wouldn't surprise me being last year they were debating if they should allow hot meals to be purchased with F's. Because homeless people don't have a place to cook.

Dumbest thing I've heard. Instead of giving them food that some working people can't afford, give them a place to live & job to do. Help get them off F's. but that's not easy so it'll never happen.
Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah those homeless and disabled people sure got it easy. Let them eat cake, right? Who's with us???!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:13 AM
When I worked at the convienent store, the atm was right next to the register and you can see the card they use. I can't tell you how many people would use their unemployment card, get out all the money, then buy beer and lottery tickets and junk food. So effing annoying
angel1332
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Its only for certain cases. Such as,elderly, disabled, or homeless who have difficulty preparing their own food....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN