Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

pizza hut accepts ebt...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
As I'm turing onto my street, I see sign's in pizza huts grass saying " we now accept ebt " how lovely! Dh just lost his job after he gave them his two weeks, he doesn't start his next job for three, but we have enough saved and refuse to get any help. Its nice they can use tax dollars to get some fucking pizza though -___-
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Replies (41-50):
jimsonb73
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:38 AM
They mean the ebt cash...not ebt foodstamp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:38 AM
That's true. So in layman's terms the system just screwed itself up even further.
But I guess it'll boost the economy.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

No what I'm saying is if they spend their food money to trade and have Nothing to eat... oh well.

I'm sympathetic to the homeless to a point.i met a few crackheads a couple alcoholics a heroin addict, and tons of non addicts that were homeless.

If you trade away the 50$ a month yo u get to eat no one really has sympathy unless you're trading it to get say antibiotics after an er visit.

I'm sure there's plenty of people addicts or not that will and would trade for whatever but that's their problem.

Its like if you wanna spend your stamps on a lobster dinner and you have nothing to eat the rest of the month.. that's your problem.

Besides people routinely sell and trade stamps anyways addicts or not. The only thing getting a pizza would do would be to increase the number of people who would buy your stamps.

Quoting Anonymous:

Uh huh all homeless people are just saints facing a tough time. Puhlease!

I do believe some are just homeless be aide off uncontrollable circumstances but there's a lot that are just as happy to be drunk & homeless.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

If a disabled person blows their allotment on pizza that's their problem.

I've yet to meet a homeless alcoholic trading pizza for booze.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it up to the waitress, manager or who to validate they only buy enough for the disabled person or such?

I can already imagine old wino buying pizzas & burgers in exchange for boos lol

Quoting lalaboosh:

Calm down. That program is meant for those who can't cook and those who don't have a kitchen. Not people who are perfectly capable of making a meal at home.

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:38 AM
Seriously I'm on my phone. Should i switch to my laptop and bombard this post with links and sources to put you back in place?

I don't care enough to.

You are random internet person with whatever view you want. Another random internet person providing facts isn't going to change your opinion.

Opinions are like assholes.

Quoting Gealach:

and 4,438,432,742,111% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's weird, 80% of the homeless around here are just prostitutes & crackheads. Guess that statistic varies by state & region. If they can walk half way across town in ass shorts & a bra smiling big enough to show their two teeth, they can walk behind a broom or something to work.

Hell our local grocery store has more mentally/physically disabled folks working than anything as bag boys, buggy pushers & cleaners. If they can do it the others should too.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

80% of homeless people are permanently disabled, 90% of those with mental health issues ranging from autism (like me) to paranoid schizophrenia.

I was homeless for six months... trust me on this. I used to think it was a bloated statistic until i saw it first hand.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ebt cards also are used for cash assistance & ssi here. So did it say foodstamps specifically or just ebt?

But it wouldn't surprise me being last year they were debating if they should allow hot meals to be purchased with F's. Because homeless people don't have a place to cook.

Dumbest thing I've heard. Instead of giving them food that some working people can't afford, give them a place to live & job to do. Help get them off F's. but that's not easy so it'll never happen.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starr0617
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:40 AM

I am a single mom, 22 years old, I have a 4mo old son, and his father lost his job a month or so ago. Circumstances that we did not see comming. I get no child support from him (and its ok that way, he doesnt need to be around anyways) and I work as much as I can and still dont make above poverty level. My bills are low and since I BF I dont have to buy much from my son. but I still dont make enough., I have been looking for more work however the fews jobs I can get w/o a degree that work around my current job I rufuse to do or degrade myself to. I bust my ass to make everything I can for my kid, and still dont have enough. So yea I get help from the state. and yea I was that person who grew up with the bare minimum cuz my parents couldnt afford anymore. I grew up with OUT cable, I only had the food we NEEDED to survive off of, and NO extra's, we NEVER went out of eat, and NEVER got Mcdonalds or Pizza. I learned what it was like to live with out and I am glad that we went through that. It taught me a lot!

My first question is, why do you think you are "too good" to get help from the gov...and two why do you have a stero type in your mind about the type of people who get help? I can go to the store and get a pizza from the freezer case, or I guess in your starte get pizza hut...what the difference. You can get soda, lunchables, cakes, and candy. Things that are not healthy...and not EVERYONE who is on food stands buys that.

Walk down the street and look at the people who walk by you. You would be shocked if you knew thier REAL story. If you knew what they went through on a daily basis. No one is above anyone else, we all have our lives, and we are all different. So try not to judge off or what people buy with there ebt, or if they recieve ebt or not.

Quoting Anonymous:

As I'm turing onto my street, I see sign's in pizza huts grass saying " we now accept ebt " how lovely! Dh just lost his job after he gave them his two weeks, he doesn't start his next job for three, but we have enough saved and refuse to get any help. Its nice they can use tax dollars to get some fucking pizza though -___-

legalmommy101
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:41 AM

A lot of ignorance on this post. How did this change into a homeless bash?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:42 AM
LOL yummy. not!
Here the local convenience stores were selling pizzas but the trick was you had to pay before they cooked it. And the subs had to be prepaid if you wanted them toasted. So technically it wasn't cooked when you payed for it.
They even had a sign, must prepay for pizza/sub before cooked if paying with ebt.
They got busted & closed down.

Quoting 3_girls_86:

Where I live they have to cook the pizza half way so its not cooked all the way. But they can't just give a raw pizza to anyone.

AnnaNonamus
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:42 AM
Our local KFC accepts it, but it's part of a program geared towards people who are unable to cook, usually the elderly. It isn't something you can access with any food stamp card, it has to have a specific program on it- or so I have been told. Personally, I think it's crap.
Gealach
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I didn't quote YOU, I was talking to the anon.

You want to put someone "back in their place", make sure you have the right random internet person first please.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Seriously I'm on my phone. Should i switch to my laptop and bombard this post with links and sources to put you back in place?

I don't care enough to.

You are random internet person with whatever view you want. Another random internet person providing facts isn't going to change your opinion.

Opinions are like assholes.

Quoting Gealach:

and 4,438,432,742,111% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's weird, 80% of the homeless around here are just prostitutes & crackheads. Guess that statistic varies by state & region. If they can walk half way across town in ass shorts & a bra smiling big enough to show their two teeth, they can walk behind a broom or something to work.

Hell our local grocery store has more mentally/physically disabled folks working than anything as bag boys, buggy pushers & cleaners. If they can do it the others should too.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

80% of homeless people are permanently disabled, 90% of those with mental health issues ranging from autism (like me) to paranoid schizophrenia.

I was homeless for six months... trust me on this. I used to think it was a bloated statistic until i saw it first hand.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ebt cards also are used for cash assistance & ssi here. So did it say foodstamps specifically or just ebt?

But it wouldn't surprise me being last year they were debating if they should allow hot meals to be purchased with F's. Because homeless people don't have a place to cook.

Dumbest thing I've heard. Instead of giving them food that some working people can't afford, give them a place to live & job to do. Help get them off F's. but that's not easy so it'll never happen.

3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Yeah it's gross. My husband worked there almost 5 years ago. He said a lot of people went in there and ordered a partially cooked piazza with their cards. The way I look at it, you can get a lot more food for the amount of money they charge for pizza at pizza hut.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL yummy. not!

Here the local convenience stores were selling pizzas but the trick was you had to pay before they cooked it. And the subs had to be prepaid if you wanted them toasted. So technically it wasn't cooked when you payed for it.

They even had a sign, must prepay for pizza/sub before cooked if paying with ebt.

They got busted & closed down.

Quoting 3_girls_86:

Where I live they have to cook the pizza half way so its not cooked all the way. But they can't just give a raw pizza to anyone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigressLily
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:20 AM

For foodstamps or the cash benefits? I've never seen it, but it shouldn't be for FS and I am on FS. It would be very nice but you can't buy ready hot food in a grocery store with FS, so you shouldn't be able to use it for restaurant food like that either. Cash benefits on the EBT card fine I can understand that. I've never noticed a sign on a place such as pizza hut or anywhere else that says they accept it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)