Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stay at home moms who send their kids to "school"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 468 Replies
37 moms liked this

As a stay at home mom I find it so frustrating and pathetic to see other stay at home moms sending their kids to "school" at like ages 1-3. I see people posting about droping the kids off to school all day. Seriously people, that is not school that is daycare. If you are staying home your kids should be home with you. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:28 AM
8 moms liked this
In general I couldnt agree more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:29 AM
11 moms liked this

I am going to go against the grain and agree with you. I was home with my children for 7 years and I wouldn't have changed it.

That being said, if the mother is that willing to drop them off then they probably aren't doing what they need to be doing to help the child grow and thrive. So it might be for the best.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

i agree. it thought that was the point. lol

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:30 AM
6 moms liked this
I have a feeling that a number of them are actually better off there than at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yogamom08
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:30 AM
8 moms liked this
I am a stay at home mom, but DS goes to a special needs preschool through our public school system two days a week. He gets speech and occupational therapy, and his teacher specializes in behavior modification.

I would have no problem with him staying home every day, but he NEEDS this to help prepare him for mainstream school. He is 4 by the way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:31 AM

I can admit I thought about putting my son into a day care/ or preschool class for the social parts of it. Because he is an only child, and there are no other children his age close to us, (Or that were his age, he's seven now) But When I looked into it, I was thinking maybe twice a week. 

Then Finally I settled on a more for four class, and was informed that my son was too smart for more at four, *g go figure* 

So I can see why some mothers will do it, but Not all day everyday.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:31 AM
15 moms liked this
Ummm there are legit schools for children at ages 3 and up. Don't see why you care so much.

pregnancy
alwayskk
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:31 AM
18 moms liked this

That's a pretty ridiculous thing to get worked up over, especially when you don't live inside their walls.

lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:31 AM

I can see that, but then again its not like its all day every day

Quoting Yogamom08:

I am a stay at home mom, but DS goes to a special needs preschool through our public school system two days a week. He gets speech and occupational therapy, and his teacher specializes in behavior modification.

I would have no problem with him staying home every day, but he NEEDS this to help prepare him for mainstream school. He is 4 by the way.

Im a mommy & a wife. Im for gay rights, I support Pro Choice. . I am a Wiccan, I choose photography as a hobby, I choose to spank my child.  His manners matter, never breast feed. I am an animal lover, stong believer in being honest.  Mt. Dew is my drug of choice. Im alsoTattooed, pierced.  gun carring, loving my son kinda of mommy. Judge me, I don't care.

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
My 3 yo should actually be in school he has autism its a preschool disability class. Kids are there from 3-5 then move on to kindergarten my 7 yo goes to the same school he's in 2nd grade.

Oh and if ds was in that class its only half day but it's 5 days a week and they get "homework"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN