Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stay at home moms who send their kids to "school"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

As a stay at home mom I find it so frustrating and pathetic to see other stay at home moms sending their kids to "school" at like ages 1-3. I see people posting about droping the kids off to school all day. Seriously people, that is not school that is daycare. If you are staying home your kids should be home with you. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Replies (241-250):
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Agree.  Kids need to be with involved parents at that age, not shipped off to daycare. 

Yes, I know I am spouting popular opinions today.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Quoting CheesyKitty:

I have thought about sending dd to a program up the street. It is basically a playgroup at the college. The students are there to observe child development, the kids get socialization, and moms get 3 hours free.

How do you know these students aren't pedophiles ? Parents are a little to trusting these days all to just get some " me time " . Sorry not worth it !!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I somehow doubt that will happen in Kindergarten just because a kid didn't go to preschool. For one, preschools have different rules on who can attend based on where they live. You could send you kid to a preschool across town if you wanted but that doesn't mean they will go to Kindergarten with the same kids who went there.

Second, even at 5 year's old kids don't really do that too much. 5 year old's still pretty much want to play with anyone who isn't a bully.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where was I talking about 1 to 3 year olds? This lady was sending her kids to KINDERGARTEN without previous schooling or social settings. I've seen it first hand three years in a row how it effects children who haven't been in daycare or preschool before. It's rough on the kids. School started August 10th for us, and there are STILL children in my youngest's class who cry every time they get dropped off, where as my DD, who was in daycare at two and a half, goes right in without so much as a goodbye, mommy!

CheesyKitty
by Cm Addict on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Well seeing as I only thought about it, thanks for that accusation.

What about 2 income families, there is danger everwhere. But you have to have a litte trust in people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CheesyKitty:

I have thought about sending dd to a program up the street. It is basically a playgroup at the college. The students are there to observe child development, the kids get socialization, and moms get 3 hours free.

How do you know these students aren't pedophiles ? Parents are a little to trusting these days all to just get some " me time " . Sorry not worth it !!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsFlores_2006
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Well said.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:30 PM

lol We are doing just fine. I have a 10 year old and a 3 year old. My 10 year old has plenty of friends, loves schools, and does great. Thanks for the concern though. Oh, and no preschool is not a requirement. Seriously, not every child who doesn't go to preschool is going to have the dramatics like you mentioned.

Quoting Anonymous:

No preschool? Here it's a requirement that at age four you have to go to preschool. Anywho, so are you ready for the "I don't have any friends" "no one plays with me" "i dont like school" and the constant crying and clinging to your leg in the mornings when you drop them off at school? If so, then go right ahead.

Quoting sheena696:

I'm not going to say what other moms should and shouldn't do, but my kids stay home with me until they have to start kindergarten. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I just don't understand why it affects you......

mommy425906
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:32 PM

We enrolled my son into a montessori preschool for 3 mornings/wk & he's 2 1/2 yrs old. Its definitely not a daycare. He's learned so much & having that social interaction is really nice. He also has learned its ok to be away from me for a few hrs, which will make starting pre-K & Kinder much less stressful for him.

I think once they are around 2 or so a few mornings or days at an actual preschool or montessori - somewhere where there is an actual curriculum, not just 'play school' - is a good thing. If you can afford it, why not? I wouldn't enroll him 5 days/wk full time though, that would be too much & unnececessary.

mommy425906
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Montessori programs are amazing! Just make sure its an accredited school and they don't just call themselves a montessori. 

Quoting GremlinMom:

I'm thinking of sending the twins to a montessory (sp?) I would love to be able to give them that educational advantage. It would be 8-12 every weekday. I would still have William at home. He's a year younger.

busy mom

Proud mommy to Parker & Kayla!! 

Robe739IsBack
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:40 PM
My 3yo DD goes to pre-school 2 (3 hour) days/week.

I can teach her her 1-2-3's & ABC's, but I can't teach her to properly socialize w/ other children at home.

So, she goes 6 hours/week to make friends & learn to share. :)

Honestly, driving the 15 mins to & from the school 4 times/ day is a bigger pain in the butt than just keeping her home. BUT, she benefits from that interaction w/ other kids.

Anyways, I have a feeling you're referring to those that do so all week for 8 hour days? So, this doesn't apply to me anyways. LOL!

Carry on. ^_^
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)