Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stay at home moms who send their kids to "school"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

As a stay at home mom I find it so frustrating and pathetic to see other stay at home moms sending their kids to "school" at like ages 1-3. I see people posting about droping the kids off to school all day. Seriously people, that is not school that is daycare. If you are staying home your kids should be home with you. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Replies (271-280):
christi34
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:33 PM

My children wanted to go to school when they were like 3 years old. But when they was at school i was at school with them volunteering to help the teachers and any where else i could help. I'm still that way now that they are older.

ramblinmama
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I see nothing wrong with a SAHM sending their kids to daycare once or twice a week for 3 or so hours. Every mom needs a break, and it's good for kids to get social time away from their parents. I work part time so my boys go to daycare 3 days per week. Once every 2 months I send them in for an extra day so I can get things done.

luvmymonkeys27
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Whatever. My daughter (2) goes to "Cylch"... she has a ton of fun, is learning to socialize without me being there (she was horribly clingy as a baby), does a ton of arts and crafts (even though we do crafts at home, it doesn't harm her to have extra), and they speak her second language there that I do not speak at home. So, I see no disadvantage. It's for 2 1/2 hours four times a week. It gives me time to clean/do laundry when, if she were home, she would not be having any attention. 

Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM
2 moms liked this
I disagree that they are not schools. I am an early childhood educator aka a daycare teacher. Unless the daycares in your area suck shit, then they are indeed places of learning, aka a school!

I teach children from 3 mths to 5 years of age, and there is a lot that us teachers do to teach those young ages. A proper early childhood centre, full of qualified teachers is extremely beneficial to a child's learning in the early years and helps to build a solid foundation to their future schooling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 55 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Is it a learning environment? Then its school. Why do u care so much? A lot of effort is going into caring about others instead of your own sh!t
writingafwife
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I believe Germans start school at age 3. My 3 year old is special needs and he goes to head start through our public school four days a week. Without that he would never be prepared to start kinder on time. In our school district they have a test to make sure your kid is qualified for kinder and if they aren't they will get put in with the head start kids until they test qualified.
liz.1986
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Agreed. My kids were home with me till they reached pre-k.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaimieLynn8
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol.
My son is 3 and in preschool 5 days a week, from 8:30-2:30. It is not daycare in any form.

He is developmentally delayed and he has blossomed since being in preschool. They are able to do much more for him than I could at this stage and I don't regret it for a moment. I miss him like crazy when he's gone but why should I keep him from an amazing learning environment? Because anonymous on cafemom disapproves?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SB2217
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:48 PM
My 3 year old started preschool this year. She goes 2 days a week for 2 hours. I don't considerate daycare by any means. First, if I was doing it to get a break I would actually drop her and my 9 month old at a daycare or get a babysitter to get an actual break from them. Second, she was too attached to me and didn't want to go anywhere/do anything without me. She had done gymboree, gymnastics, soccer, etc but I'm still always there with her so I wanted to see if she could handle herself on her own for a bit. She has done amazing. Absolutely LOVES school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I know a 2yr old that will be starting a gifted program soon, and his mom is a sahm. His pedi said he has the intelligence of a 4yr old. I don't find that pathetic, I find it wonderful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN