Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stay at home moms who send their kids to "school"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

As a stay at home mom I find it so frustrating and pathetic to see other stay at home moms sending their kids to "school" at like ages 1-3. I see people posting about droping the kids off to school all day. Seriously people, that is not school that is daycare. If you are staying home your kids should be home with you. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Replies (281-290):
RayOSunshine03
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:53 PM
2 moms liked this

It just takes a real special type of "ignorant." I work, full time, and I'm not about to make assumptions about SAHMs. Why would an actual SAHM make assumptions about other moms she doesn't even know? How would YOU know if there was a point to be a stay at home mom for someone who put their child in daycare? How would you know? What about someone who would judge YOU for your 2 days a week? What about the mother who said anyone who has a disabled child needs to pay for all their services already, goshdarnit! She's judging you for taking your child to speech therapy. Where does it end?

A lot of you just sound stupid. No one is even talking about a specific person- people are making up some type of lazy unemployed woman who drops her child off at daycare for her own needs. Nevermind that childcare is ridiculously expensive. Nevermind that many SAHM cannot even DREAM of being able to send their child to daycare because of the costs. Nevermind that, often times, getting up, getting everybody showered, fed, dressed, out the door, in the car, etc etc is exhausting compared to getting up and doing puzzles with your toddler while you both are in PJs. Jeez. Gain some perspective. Explore points of view that differ from your own. The fog of arrogant ignorance is stifling.

Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter goes to a neiu preschool 2 days a week for speech therapy. But I do agree with you on the all day, everyday. Then her ass needs to get a job. No point in being a stay at home mom, if your kids aren't home.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:55 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't see the big deal. Their child, their house, their decision. There's no YOU in that equation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:57 PM

hummm interesting but not that serious....moving on to the next one...

Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter went to 1 year of headstart (they offer 2 years) its not day care and it was only 3 1/2 hrs a day 4 days a week. She actually learned alot there. She learned a little bit of math and writing. And other things it also helped socialize her. She was very shy and afraid of other ppl including kids now shes outgoing and makes friends easily. She is in kindergarten now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:58 PM

completely agree.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I was a SAHM and I started sending my boys to preschool when they were 3. Not only could they socialize with other children more, but they also got more stimulation and physical activity than I could give them at home because of my activities. How would it have been better for them to be stuck watching The Wiggles while I cleaned and cooked or going with me to Walmart than to be learning music, playing with other children or getting some exercise? Just because I was a SAHM it doesn't mean I didn't have other responsibilities. I couldn't be playing with my kids all day ignoring those responsibilities. So I determined it was best for them to start attending school, or daycare, if you prefer to call it that.
And ultimately, you're really no one to tell other parents what they should be doing with their children. I certainly don't judge or look down upon those mothers that felt differently and preferred to send their children to school at later ages. To each his own.

Sharon
daughteroftruth
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

As a sahm, I really don't care if another mom takes their little kids to "school"  or "daycare" or whatever you want to call it.  Its non of my business and as a sahm, I have my own kids to worry about.  

Kitschy
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:02 PM
2 moms liked this

We have 3 year old preschool here. It's not day care and it's just a few hours two days a week. lol It doesn't make my life more convenient at all. I do it for my kids not for me.

wyattsmom2009
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a stay at home mom right now. My son goes to Head Start. Half days.. 4 hrs a day. He goes so that I can have time alone and so that he can be around kids his own age. Also he will be getting some help that he needs. So I think you need to worry more about your own life and family than about what other people do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Oh noes shame on dem mamas :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)