Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

LOL. Many of you know I've been doing the no poo thing for a while. Well I wasn't liking the way the baking soda was drying out my hair after several months.

Now I've started cowashing. Which, as I understand it, is washing daily with a conditioning treatment and then washing your hair once a week, or every other week whatever. I'm not going back to shampoo....not regular shampoo anyway but I may try a product like Wen or something similar.

I'm not sure how often I will be washing my hair at that point. Definatly less than once a week. Anyway, this cowashing thing has really brought some curl to my hair. I've also been using a t-shirt when I get out of the shower on my hair instead of a towel. Holey cow! This isn't even my hair. It's still a wet from my shower right now, but it feels AMAZING. I just had to share these curls. lol I had no idea that I had these.

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Replies (111-118):
Kitschy
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM
It's a regional store like a Walmart but not as large.

Quoting ShellGardner:

I don't even know what meijer is lol

Quoting Kitschy:

I bought it at meijer. I'm not sure how common of a product it is but just about everyone has a natural shampoo section these days.

Quoting ShellGardner:

Can you buy it anywhere?

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting ShellGardner:

What is the new shampoo that you'll be using? I put some leave in conditioner in my ends today because they are so dry. And I'm still transitioning the top of my hair is greasy looking.

I just bought this stuff this morning

I'm allergic to coconut so I had to find something not coconut based like Wen is. :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IndigoRose
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Quoting Kitschy:

Lol I don't use soap on my face either.

Quoting IndigoRose:

I can't imagine not using shampoo to clean my hair.  That's like not using soap to wash my face, only creaming it then wiping off the dirt!  Doesn't a scalp need scrubbing?  I'm sure there are plenty who won't support my thoughts, but no shampoo, like no soap,---ick!

I can't do the no-shampoo-no-soap thing.  I use Clean N Clear liquid soap on my face, and Pantene Shampoo on my hair.  I also like South Of France soap gel as a body wash.  I've used Neutrogena bar soap on my skin for years.

Kitschy
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:46 PM
I buy a soap free wash and I make my own body scrub. I'm not a fan of what the chemicals in standard products seem to do to my body. I'm really sensitive though.

Quoting IndigoRose:

Quoting Kitschy:

Lol I don't use soap on my face either.

Quoting IndigoRose:

I can't imagine not using shampoo to clean my hair.  That's like not using soap to wash my face, only cleaning it then wiping off the dirt!  Doesn't a scalp need scrubbing?  I'm sure there are plenty who won't support my thoughts, but no shampoo, like no soap,---ick!

I can't do the no-shampoo-no-soap thing.  I use Clean N Clear liquid soap on my face, and Pantene Shampoo on my hair.  I also like South Of France soap gel as a body wash.  I've used Neutrogena bar soap on my skin for years.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM
I use a natural shampoo and conditioner that I love. I use it every day, and have for 2 years, and it never builds up or dries me out. My hair has seriously never looked better.

Now I just have to remember what it's called, lol

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting WifeyC:

Why aren't you using shampoo?

I'm doing this thing where every time I run out of a product I'm trying to replace it with something natural (homemade or otherwise) I had read a lot about how washing your hair every day is bad for it. Shampoo actually changes the way your scalp performs and keeps it from being able to do it's job. It was a really interesting journey. So far.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LvngMmyCampbell
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:04 PM

spot saver

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so happy you're back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie729
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:06 PM

It looks good!!! I wash my hair every night...I dont think I could use this method.

cassi_d_m
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN