Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bad Parenting? **EDIT**

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:43 AM
  • 150 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you do it ??

Options:

YES

NO

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 91

View Results

Okay We currently live upstairs of a 2 bedroom hosue (with my inlaws) . Ian will be 6 months old on saturday, he currently sleeps with us, because we dont have a crib or anything to put him in .. 

Now here's my question on bad parenting, would it be awful to make him a bed on the floor? LIke put extra covers down, make it nice and thick and cushy? even if he rolls off he wouldn't hurt himself . and we would be sleeping not even 3 foot from him in the bed? 

WE have a pack and play!! BUT It's hard for me to put ds in it when he's alseep because he feels like he's falling and will jump, scare himself and cry. ;( Yes we have a crib, but it's in storage at my mothers house because NO we do not have room for it in our lil bedroom . we barely have enough room for our bed and couch . :/ 

Im Erica .. Married to Adam .. (Sept. 2011) . Mommy to Ian (April 2012) . Im a Breastfeeding, CD'ing, Babywearing, Circin and Vacin, Apostolic Kinda Momma

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AubreeG16
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:45 AM
I would... but the problem is... what if you step on him... I would make it so he can roll or scooch(sp) anywhere..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this
How about buying a crib? Or those play pens that come with a built in bassinet option?
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:47 AM

why not use a pack and play instead???

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I don't think it's bad but I'd have some kind of playpen or something to put him in. I am paranoid about my bed falling on DD if she gets under there, though (the slats have buckled and the boxspring and mattress have fallen before).

tennisgal
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:48 AM

why not get him a pack and play. while i don't think it's bad parenting i would be concerned about him crawling off. do you have a gate to your bedroom or a gate at the top of the stairs??

littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:48 AM

just buy a pack & play

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:48 AM
You do what you have to do... But I would think safety. Maybe a pack and play?
pregnancy
IansMommy2012
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:49 AM

well he's on the verg of crawling. that's the only thing .. but when he's asleep he doesnt move much .. but i would have it set up that we wouldn't step on him .. he would be over by the tv .. I would set pillows around the bedded area as well . i would take precautions, i wouldnt just put him on the floor . lol . 

Quoting AubreeG16:

I would... but the problem is... what if you step on him... I would make it so he can roll or scooch(sp) anywhere..

Im Erica .. Married to Adam .. (Sept. 2011) . Mommy to Ian (April 2012) . Im a Breastfeeding, CD'ing, Babywearing, Circin and Vacin, Apostolic Kinda Momma

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Is it bad parenting? NO! Would I do it? No.

I would put a crib mattress down if there was no room or buy a mini crib.

littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:50 AM

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-Pack-n-Play-Playard-Ashford/14707380

they are cheap enough, with 4 adults in the house, I'm sure you can all scrounge up $11 a piece. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)