Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I just being a b****?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

I have a sister.  She is very selfish.  When anyone talks to her, she makes the conversation all about her.  She isn't a good person either.  She abandoned her children.  She has cheated on her husband several times. And cut all ties with her mother (my stepmom) because she got sick and she said, "I don't have time to help her, I have my own problems"

When I left my abusive husband a few years ago, she kept in contact with him and told him I'll be back because I'll realize the grass is not greener.  This is after, while we were dating, 10 years prior, she tried hooking him up with her girlfriend.  When my daughter was a baby and she was seriously sick, my sister went around telling everyone that it was my fault.  (she had an upper resperatory that lead to pnemunia due to sleep apena.  She was on a a machine for a year)

Our other sister stopped talking to her, everyone in the family did.  She is toxic.

I could go on and on.

Any how, recently she found out she has cancer.  Now everyone is kissing her ass.  They are forgetting the person she is.  Still is, having cancer doesn't change what you have done in your life.  It doesn't bring your children back.  It doesn't take back the mean things you have done and said.  With no remorse by the way.  She is famous for saying she puts herself first, that is just how it is.

So I don't talk to her.  I don't wish harm on her, but I want no part of her treatment, ect.  And the whole family is now treating me like I am the awful person.  

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fallin4baby
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Does she really have cancer? I know a silly question but she sounds very manipulative and if she has no family in her life its an easy ploy to get ppl to kiss her ass as you said.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Quoting Fallin4baby:

Does she really have cancer? I know a silly question but she sounds very manipulative and if she has no family in her life its an easy ploy to get ppl to kiss her ass as you said.

OMG! That is the first thing I said to my husband.  Because she asked me to go to the doctors with her.  I reluctantly said yes, and then she called me the day of the appointment and told me that they squeezed her in the night before and she went alone.  

That was the very last straw for me.  She has faked a few pregnancies.

RLT2
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I agree with fallin4baby! I'd check and make sure she really has Cancer, before I'd even consider a phone call. We just had a woman on the news locally, that convinced her whole family and friends that she had bladder cancer-she didn't-and got thousands of dollars in donations out if.

Fallin4baby
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:55 AM
I saw that, is that the one where her family paid for a wedding and a 40th birthday for her. I don't see how anyone can be so cruel and heartless especially to your own family.

Quoting RLT2:

I agree with fallin4baby! I'd check and make sure she really has Cancer, before I'd even consider a phone call. We just had a woman on the news locally, that convinced her whole family and friends that she had bladder cancer-she didn't-and got thousands of dollars in donations out if.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyFreeRider
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with pps. ^^ she sounds manipulative and mean. I dont think you are being a bitch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:57 AM

You are not being a bitch. Are you sure she actually has cancer for real? Either way, you are not being a bitch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope you're not being a bitch. I feel the same way about my sister. She is manipulative.
ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Well I would first queston if she really had cancer... its a horriblethingto lie about but it sounds like something she would do. and is this a cancer that is easliy cureable or is she going to die? because if death is like hte only option then I would just ignore it and have no regrets and then when she's gone go on with life. I dunno.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Quoting ilovemykids323:

Well I would first queston if she really had cancer... its a horriblethingto lie about but it sounds like something she would do. and is this a cancer that is easliy cureable or is she going to die? because if death is like hte only option then I would just ignore it and have no regrets and then when she's gone go on with life. I dunno.

Its one of the big 3, so she will probably die if she has it.  I  am a huge believer in Karma, so I struggle with me turning my back on her, as I will be paid back negativiely, but I feel like I can't support her, when she has turned her back on so many of us, repeatidly.

Moeff
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Your being real, not a bitch. Your sorry she has cancer, but that hasn't change who she is. Send a card, wishing her a healthy recover or whatever, it sounds like more than she would do for anyone else. Your taking the high road but keeping a safe distance then. Toxic people can really drag you down, life is hard enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)