Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have any??  What do you do?  I want to see if you have pictures!! 

I play guitar/sing and write music :)  It's ridiculously fun!

This is from Accoustic Tuesday.  All of the local musicians get together every Tuesday at my friends house and we just play and have drinks.  I can't go while the boys are in school since we're up early on Wednesdays so I miss it but I go every Tuesday during the summer :) 

Those guys also force me to play in public every once in awhile too :)

ETA I get "guitar face".  You can google it if you don't know what it is but it's never pretty hahahaha

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Replies (11-20):
JadsW
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Cute!!! :D

Quoting sheena696:

Crochet and photography are my hobbies. Here is something I have made:

And this is my FLICKR---> Click here

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3earthangels
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Lmao! Shhhhhhh!!

It took a few tries ti get the lye/ fats ratio right, and it's different for each type of fat, but it's tons of fun! I don't have any lye or ashes to make lye right now though :(

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

Is it hard to do?  Do you just do it as a cover for making explosives like in Fight Club?  lol  jk

Quoting 3earthangels:

I make soap :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I went to school for Digital Media Design and we had to take photography classes and I fell in love with it :)   I might like using photoshop more than the actual photographing though lol

Quoting sheena696:

Thanks! I have tried to teach myself to knit, but I just can't seem to get the hang of it. One of those butterflies gave me a hard time but I was determined. lol I have loved photography ever since I was 16.

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

That's awesome!  My friend knits and I'd thought about asking her to teach me :)  And I LOVE that butterfly picture on your flickr!!!  Photography is so much fun.  I'm always saying I'm going to buy a better camera so I can do it again and I never seem to get around to it.

Quoting sheena696:

do11face
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Photography. I know, I know that's everyone's hobby, lol.

But it makes me really happy.

My flickr.

WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

My coworker just got a ukulele!  He brought it in and was showing me how to play some stuff on it and now I want one!!  My brother has a mandolin that my dad gave him and I want to learn that too.

Quoting JadsW:

Guitar face ... LOL That cracked me up! :D

I play guitar, mandolin, & ukulele. I heart my uke most of all. <3 I also do ceramics, write, crochet, draw, do macrame, twist balloons, craft ... I am Holly Hobby.

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I'm the opposite. I hate photoshop. There is still so much I need to learn with it, but I drag my feet since it is just my hobby.

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

I went to school for Digital Media Design and we had to take photography classes and I fell in love with it :)   I might like using photoshop more than the actual photographing though lol

Quoting sheena696:

Thanks! I have tried to teach myself to knit, but I just can't seem to get the hang of it. One of those butterflies gave me a hard time but I was determined. lol I have loved photography ever since I was 16.

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

That's awesome!  My friend knits and I'd thought about asking her to teach me :)  And I LOVE that butterfly picture on your flickr!!!  Photography is so much fun.  I'm always saying I'm going to buy a better camera so I can do it again and I never seem to get around to it.

Quoting sheena696:

WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:14 AM

That's awesome!  I failed at making some pottery in high school lol

How long have you been doing it?

Quoting JadsW:

Ceramic

This was something I made in Ceramics for my Dad (he paints birds).

WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I wish I had a useful skill like that so that I never had to buy christmas presents for family again haha

Quoting 3earthangels:

Lmao! Shhhhhhh!!

It took a few tries ti get the lye/ fats ratio right, and it's different for each type of fat, but it's tons of fun! I don't have any lye or ashes to make lye right now though :(

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

Is it hard to do?  Do you just do it as a cover for making explosives like in Fight Club?  lol  jk

Quoting 3earthangels:

I make soap :)

crafteechic
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:16 AM

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Yeah, but you, unlike so many out there that are "photographers" have some great work there! LOVE! Looking at your flickr made me want to pick my camera up and go spend some time with it and get better at it!

Quoting do11face:

Photography. I know, I know that's everyone's hobby, lol.

But it makes me really happy.

My flickr.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)