Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cheating.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

What are your opinions? Do you think that it's always an absolute no-no? Or are there situations where it could be justified? I'm not a cheater, I was just talking about this on another forum and the replies were very interesting. I'd like to read yours.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindsey24
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Cheating is.cheating point blank.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
just_hc
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Yes, I believe it is always no-no.  However, I do not believe that it is always unforgivable.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Sometimes, it happens. It my case, honestly it saved our marriage, for the time beinging. It made him see just how really shitty he was treating me. (Mind you I had planned on leaving before it came to that, but I kinda fell for a dear friend of mine....)

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM

It's never justifiable!

LuvMyBoy08
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM
There is never a situation that cheating is justified....period, end of story
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know how it could be justified.  I think cheating is cheating no matter how you look at it - it's being unfaithful (either physically or emotionally or both) to your significant other.  If you are in an abusive situation and you cheat, is your cheating justified...I still don't think so but I can understand why a person would.  I feel like if you make that commitment, then regardless of what goes on in your relationship or how bad it is, it is your duty to at least sit and talk to the other person and tell them how you feel and decide from there where you are going and what you are going to do.  If you are already in separated and in the process of a divorce, then I don't consider it cheating. 

rjsmommy214
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:12 AM

It is a no no, always. Doesn't mean people don't make mistakes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

It's never justifiable, but there are always reasons behind it. People don't cheat, just to cheat, there's something that's happened that compels the act.

tnmommy5
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Cheating is wrong and always will be wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Good question. I don't know that its ever justified really, but sometimes in the person's mind it could be possible. In my case, I was unhappy and had filed for divorce. Hubby was verbally abusive, and still is for years. I tried and I tried and couldn't take it anymore.  However...long story but hubby and I still together now and trying to work on it. But it went on for two years. Do I regret it? Yes in a way I do, but then again I don't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)