Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Old Friend's kid looking me up.

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:25 PM
  • 4 Replies

I had my kids when I was in my early 20's. I had a friend from childhood that had her kids around the same time I had mine. We were not ready for kids. We were still wild and did things I am not proud of. I woke up one day and decided to change. I quit the drugs and party life, moved and settled down.

Through the years I would see old friend when we would go and visit that town, she was still wild and her kids of course became the same way. Her son's that used to play with my oldest son,had stated doing drugs with their mom when they hit teens and dropped out of school.

My oldest is now in his last year of high school. Getting ready for college in the fall which he is paying for himself. I am so proud of the kid I raised. My old friends son found me on facebook and he is the same age as my son. He was talking about his new baby and how he now had two. He just got out of jail and other things like that. My heart just breaks for him. The only thing I kept thinking was he was such a sweet, smart boy when he was younger. I friended him on facebook and let him know I had missed him and his siblings and he could talk to me.

I know this is gonna come back and bite me in the ass. I really don't care. I feel so bad how different those kids are compared to mine. I am now really angry at old friend.

OK my vent is over.

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

You can't be angry. Some people aren't strong enough to do what you did. You can't hold her to the same level as yourself. You did the right thing. Your reward is your awesome son. All you can do is hope her son will get his stuff together and not be like his mama.

christi34
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Maybe he is looking for a friendly face since it seems that his mom had a hard time growing up herself. 

mizkriz73
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't be angry. Some people aren't strong enough to do what you did. You can't hold her to the same level as yourself. You did the right thing. Your reward is your awesome son. All you can do is hope her son will get his stuff together and not be like his mama.

I don't think I am really angry at her. I understand how hard it is to do what I did. I am just angry over the way things worked out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Quoting mizkriz73:

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think I am really angry at her. I understand how hard it is to do what I did. I am just angry over the way things worked out.

I understand. It may all work out, he found you for a reason. You could be the person that turns his life around, someone for him to look up too. Maybe sharing stories about your son will help him realize he has the same potential.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)