Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am trying..but he just pushes

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am on day one of the "Love Dare". I am biting my tongue. He keeps pushing my buttons but I have been good and not responded to his mean comments. So far I am hanging in there!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
meparty
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Ok its day 1.... bite your tongue, same as the guy in the movie.  I watched the Movie FIRST then did the love dare.  Is he doing it too, or just you? We both did it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:17 PM
He isn't suppose to know at first it's more about working o yourself

Quoting luvhubandbabys:

:( does he know ur doing the love dare sorry not familar with it. I can't see how u putting up with mean comments will help. Idk tho maybe I will look up this love dare stuff. Lol. I hope it works tho.

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

For those of you who don't know what the Love Dare is, there is a really touching movie about it.   It's Christian, but you would get an idea of what exactly the purpose behind doing the love dare is... even if you don't agree with the Christian principles behind it.

Good luck, prayers to anyone trying to heal a hurting marriage.    I went through a very devistating time in my marriage, too, and I have a heart for this area of ministry.   :)

Hilary799
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Good for you! I got to day 10...I'm having a hard time.

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:23 PM
I thought the love dare was something you did with your husband. Like a team effort type deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Putting up with mean comments is not part of it.

by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Good for you!!!  Keep it up - it will make such a HUGE difference!

Are you a Christian?  If so, PRAY!  Every time you get those buttons pushed, take a moment and pray.  It helps tremendously.  

by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Not necessarily.  Many times it's only one spouse doing it, with the other not having any idea.  It's great to do together, too, though.  :)

Quoting hautemama83:

I thought the love dare was something you did with your husband. Like a team effort type deal.

Nunyabusiness
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:29 PM

What day are you on?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Day one..I made the choice to do this last night.
He is in a better mood now. I think he was just looking to annoy me and I wouldn't feed into it

Quoting Nunyabusiness:

What day are you on?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)