Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Being a SAHM is NOT a career

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 428 Replies
18 moms liked this

Now don't get me wrong. I think it's wonderful for women to be able to stay home with their kids. It's important. I was raised by my grandmother, who was retired and home all the time. I was at home for 6 months with my first and I currently work part time. However, I do see something wrong if a SAHM does not have any prior job experience or a college education. It is so important for women to establish themselves in a career first, become financially independent, prior to becoming a wife and SAHM. Why be dependent on a man? I see so many young girls in our area who get married at 18 and have babies at 19, stay home, and have no way to support themselves when the man leaves. It's so sad. It's also important for a prior career woman to keep up with her skills while being a SAHM. You may eventually need to head back to work. Just had to vent this!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:42 PM
4 moms liked this

I am a SAHM I have work experience and college dipolma. by the time i go back to work. 2018ish.... my schooling will be outdated. But I will def. have the work experience granted it will have been 10 years of SAH. eeeh what can ya do

bchic24
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I've been working for 10 years and went to college. I'm glad I can be home with my son! Plus if anything were to happen I know I could get out there and support my family!
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:43 PM
6 moms liked this
I'm a sahm and I have a masters degree. I choose to stay home with my kids because I feel it's best for them.
Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:44 PM
14 moms liked this
Bash SAHM day today?....Must.Take.Notes
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this
It's worked opposite for us. I was home 7 years and now I am pursueing my dreams. It's worked well for us and I am extremely happy that I was able to give that to my kids. I don't think I would have stayed home if I had an established career before kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meparty
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:45 PM
27 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:45 PM
3 moms liked this

I am a SAHM and have my own business bringing in between $3,000 to $4,000 a month. I do not by any means depend on my husband. Is it stick your nose in everyone else's business day on CM? Gheesh.

ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

lol i was thinking teh same thing when i opened up this post. this is like the 5th one questioning peoples parenting or  why they choose to do something the way they do.

Quoting Mommy_Jenx3:

Bash SAHM day today?....Must.Take.Notes

kidlover2
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:47 PM
3 moms liked this
Ehhh.... my sister has a high school education and was a sahw before she became a sahm for 12 years now.... she's doing pretty good. She had no student loans to worry about. I'm frankly jealous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mcelly
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:47 PM
6 moms liked this

I seriously don't understand why young girls want to get married young, have children and not go to school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)