Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cleaning my house...and my dirty little confession...

Posted by   + Show Post

I need words of encouragement!  I know how this is going to sound...but whatever, it's just some thing that happened and I am trying to get back on track.

I am normally a very clean person.  Not OCD, but I've known to take a toothbrush to grout to get it clean.  :)  Anyway, since my daughter was born I've literally done no housework.  Just the minimum to get by.  Most nights the dishes get rinsed, but never washed and put away.  There is clutter everywhere, my carpets haven't been vacuumed in like two days (which at my house is bad because of the sand and the kids).  Also, the laundry...well, it's BAD.  I was like, oh I can put this off for a while.  Well, today is the day that the straw broke the camels back.

One: I saw a palmetto bug.  A HUGE one.  Here in Florida we have bugs...lot's and lot's of bugs.  Well, a palmetto is just a huge cockroach (they can get to be the size of the palm of your hand.  And, the best part about them?  Those buggers can fly!  Oh yes...airborne cockroaches...let that sink in for a moment.

Two:  My husband and I are going out on a date night, so we have hired a babysitter for the first time ever.  I am SO excited!  However, I would be embarrassed for someone to walk into my house right now.

So, I need encouragement.  I know I can get this done.  I cannot believe I let my depression and laziness get the best of me, and allow myself to let things get this bad.  My kids do not deserve to live like this.  :(  I feel awful about it.  I am going to get this done, and by tomorrow evening I will be updating saying my house is immaculate, and everything is going to be okay.

Please, some good words, and maybe some tips?  I know there are OCD mommy's on here that can give me some pointers.  A few questions...

Are magic erasers worth the money?
What's a good multi-purpose cleaner?
How do you get permanent marker off of a fridge? (it's the pitted surface kind)
What's your favorite air freshner?
And, are carpet deoderizers worth it?  And, what would YOU recommend?

THANKS!!!!!! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
Austin 2/28/07  Lily 2/21/08  Aubrey 4/30/10 

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Palmetto bugs are actually quiet different from roaches. They do not carry the diseases for one. They are actually quiet clean. They are just on Florida. Everywhere! I don't like them but having them does not mean dirty. Just saying

And I use glass cleaner on everything. It works really well!
TraceyMR
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Use a dry erase marker over the sharpie. wipe off. Magic!
I love warm water an vinegar, it cleans and deoderizes well and is super cheap.

bellaamore
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Magic erasers are great.
I like to use vinegar, water and tea tree oul to clean. It is kid and animal safe and disinfectant.
My fav air freshner is rosemary thyme by glade.

I wouldnt recommend carpet stuff, just baking soda.
renner450
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Yes magic erasers are amazing BUT if your buying multiple purpose spray don't get em. I love clorox multi purpose spray. I love arm n hammer carpet oderizers especially if you have pets. Nail polish remover for the perm marker. I have a wax melter from walmart mine was $15 and the little waxes are two dollars a box I love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jlaw2212
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:59 PM
I was just cleaning my house and a roach fell out of the vent in the ceiling right on top of my head. I have since stopped cleaning. Lol. I guess I will have to finish later! Good luck with your house. Mr clean magic erasers are awesome and totally worth the money, they will get the marker off your fridge.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Use borax instead of the carpet refresher. It wil help kill anything (I am from the south to it only takes one day of not cleaning tosee bugs I know) It also leaves a fresh sent instead of a masking smell.

myboysSMSB
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I agree the magic erasers are the BOMB! Also I use the carpet powder deoderizer because you will not need air freshener if you use it and it works. You can do this! Good luck and have fun tonight!

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I use vinegar and hydrogen peroxide to clean everything.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Oh yeah and baking soda.

angierose7679
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:06 PM
I usually do one room at a time that way I can focus on that one room. I have Scentsy to make the house smell good :) Magic Erasers are AWESOME!! They will get the maker off for you too. I use the Febreeze cleaners on my counters and stove. And pinesol on the floors. Oh and I also blare the music too lol. You can do it!!! :-) Good Luck and have fun on your date :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN