Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being a working mom is for women who are too ugly to land a man who can take care of them.

Posted by   + Show Post
You know, since being a SAHM is for the dumb and uneducated. That means working moms have to work because they aren't pretty enough to marry a doctor or lawyer.

ETA: Ladies, it's a joke. Another post was made about SAHMs staying home because they're dumb and uneducated.
That is it. Just a joke. If you're offended, I don't know what to tell you except that it wasn't intended to offend anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Replies (241-250):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Ah. I think the other one is still active. You'll probably see it soon enough.

How often do you volunteer at your child's school? I've done it a few times this year since mine are all in school now.

Quoting brettsmomma:

Na i am catching up. Just got home from a very long day of volunteering at my sons prek 4 class... Might be by Im so uptight LOL 

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Did you not see the other post? Maybe that's what's missing.

Quoting brettsmomma:

I do not find insulting SAHM's or working moms to be humorous. Guess i am uptight today. :/ 

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Why so uptight? It's a joke. It's not that serious.

Quoting brettsmomma:

Way to lower yourself to troll status. you are just as bad as the women putting down SAHM's.. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
garnet83
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!! This is great. Yeah, I get asked out frequently, first of all. Also, I choose to work because I enjoy it and if I'd married a millionaire, I would still work. I don't want to be "taken care of". I would be terribly unhappy if I had to depend on someone else for everything. I like partnership and knowing that I can take care of myself and my kids alone if something happened to DH.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM

two days a week for the afternoon, but this week we had a field trip so I spent three days, today being  a full day one.  -.-   Its GREAT birth control!!  : ) 

Quoting Nicoleb9:

How often do you volunteer at your child's school? I've done it a few times this year since mine are all in school now.

Quoting brettsmomma:

Na i am catching up. Just got home from a very long day of volunteering at my sons prek 4 class... Might be by Im so uptight LOL 

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting brettsmomma:

I do not find insulting SAHM's or working moms to be humorous. Guess i am uptight today. :/ 

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting brettsmomma:

Way to lower yourself to troll status. you are just as bad as the women putting down SAHM's.. 

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:54 PM
I was telling someone else that I knew there would be a few who would actually take it seriously, but not this many! Guess I'll have to ETA the post for everyone.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

true true. 

Quoting Nicoleb9:

As opposed to any other time? Lol

No, this was just a joke about another post. There just happen to be a few here who either didn't see it or just get worked up over silly stuff.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Hmm. I'm beginning to think it's good I was out & about all morning. Looks like the mommy wars are in fully force again on here.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leobaby2007
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Lol.
blues_pagan
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:54 PM

HA!  I worked before becoming a SAHM and am now working on my degree to become a doctor.  As is my DH who can't work right now due to having cancer.  You can take this theory and shove it!

Leobaby2007
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Quoting Nicoleb9:

I can't believe anyone took it seriously even before you posted the ETA. Lol
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:56 PM
I actually had fun last time I was there. I made a post about something funny a little boy did during class. He ran to the window and was looking out of it and when the teacher asked him what he was doing, he said, "Sorry, I thought I saw the bat signal"! I lost it and just busted out laughing.

Quoting brettsmomma:

two days a week for the afternoon, but this week we had a field trip so I spent three days, today being  a full day one.  -.-   Its GREAT birth control!!  : ) 

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting brettsmomma:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting brettsmomma:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting brettsmomma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
There are always a few.

Quoting Leobaby2007:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

I can't believe anyone took it seriously even before you posted the ETA. Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:58 PM

LOL  People are really taking this seriously.  I did at first, but after I read what you wrote and not just the title, I LOL'd.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured