Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Being a working mom is for women who are too ugly to land a man who can take care of them.

Posted by   + Show Post
You know, since being a SAHM is for the dumb and uneducated. That means working moms have to work because they aren't pretty enough to marry a doctor or lawyer.

ETA: Ladies, it's a joke. Another post was made about SAHMs staying home because they're dumb and uneducated.
That is it. Just a joke. If you're offended, I don't know what to tell you except that it wasn't intended to offend anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Replies (301-310):
2ndtimemom605
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:40 AM
So,instead of attacking the ONE working mom who said that,you make a post,a "joke"apparently,insulting all working moms.

Oh,and jokingly of course,my dream was never to marry a lawyer,it was to BE one myself:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Strother70
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Mom always said it's just as easy to fall in love with a rich man as a poor man, after her 5th marriage. None were rich lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 38 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:08 AM

LOL we can't win either way. If we stay at home, we're stupid, lazy, uneducated. If we work, we don't love our children, or we are too ugly to get a man that can afford to support a SAHM (I get that this post is meant as a joke by the way). Now I'm wondering where I stand, because I don't consider myself "hot" or even above average, but I'm a SAHM, at least until my kids are scool age. So where does that leave me? LOL.

salamandersmom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM

It's not very funny.  It's just plain rude and judgemental.  I'm a SAHM, but my hubby is NOT a doctor or lawyer.  I'm not  a pretty girl who is too dumb for a job.  I'm actually a pretty homely girl, with a high IQ.  I sacrified my job - my career, and my college education - to take care of our family.  It's a noble profession.  Even if I can't measure my self worth by driving a fancy car or getting a big paycheck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Lol! But most woman keep their independent, they still work, even if they're marry.
Strother70
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:56 AM
It was a quote from my mother or may Wes, you might be to green to understand that. I gave up a lot to marry "the one". Not turning out the way I planned, almost 5 tears out of the work force and the economy not being in prime shape, I feel I made the bigger sacrifice. I gave up my own security to raise my son. I will never regret this but w/out lawyers I cannot financially do this alone.
DestinyHLewis
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I assumed this was satire from the title. :-)
Strother70
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:59 AM
[quote name="Strother70" id="0"]It was a quote from my mother or may Wes, you might be to green to understand that. I gave up a lot to marry "the one". Not turning out the way I planned, almost 5 tears out of the work force and the economy not being in prime shape, I feel I made the bigger sacrifice. I gave up my own security to raise my son. I will never regret this but w/out lawyers I cannot financially do this alone. Lol. It's not the size of the hill it's how you climb it.
smranch
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I hate having to rely on DH to support me.  I can't wait to go return to school and begin working. DH is also going to get me my own apartment complex so I can make money off of that as well.  I do think stay at home moms and home makers need some type of higher education or a good trade in order to support themselves if their husband leaves them, dies, or they get divorced/become disable and can no longer work.  I don't think stay at home moms and home makers (I'm a home maker) are uneducated.  I just think they need to realize that they can't rely on their husbands forever. He can die, leave them, get divorced (marriages are failing at an alarming rate in our society), he could get disabled and no longer be able to work, he could lose his job or get laid off.  I think some stay at home moms and home makers live in their own little fantasy world where they don't think nothing is going to happen to the lifestyle they are accustomed to.  At least keep your skills/certifications up to date and maybe work part-time.

landova
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 1:48 AM
I laughed... Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN