Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When should we stop walking around naked

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Dh and I walk around naked. How old should our kids be when we stop? I don't want to traumatize them
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gofast_mama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:47 PM
6 moms liked this

NEVER! I'll continue to do it until he asks me not to!

Lena-Loo
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I dont think it is a problem with the parent of the same sex but we will stop around 3

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:50 PM
How old is he now?

Quoting gofast_mama:

NEVER! I'll continue to do it until he asks me not to!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I was over 6, that much I know.... because of the house we were in- which we did not move to until I was past 6... and I remember my Dad walking around in his underpants! It was HORRID.  I was mortified.  I was extremely grossed out.  I would leave the area.   It bothered me a great deal!

I don't think you should do after the kid is 2, honestly.

GO fast- they might NOT ASK or say a thing.. I didn't!!!!  Even tho I wanted to puke!  KIds often do not say anything, out of respect.. you don't want to "bet out of line" or what ever... I never said a thing, but I was horrifed and I hated it.

ZombiHunter
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this
The naked body is nothing to be ashamed of. I want my kids to grow up believing that too. It's not like I'm in the nude a lot anyway and if any of them happen upon me while I do happen to be in the buff, I'm not gonna freak out and go rush for a towel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emilytrademark
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:59 PM
3 moms liked this

I agree..except for the baked part. :)

Quoting ZombiHunter:

The baked body is nothing to be ashamed of. I want my kids to grow up believing that too. It's not like I'm in the nude a lot anyway and if any of them happen upon me while I do happen to be in the buff, I'm not gonna freak out and go rush for a towel.

JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Haha ... my kids know they are in SERIOUS trouble if I get out of my shower to yell at them buck ass naked. 

Jokes aside ... I'll cover up when they tell me to. My daughter is 9 and my son just turned 7. She doesn't care at all, and I still bring my son in the locker room at the pool, and we will all strip down and shower. I've never caught him looking at anyone, nor has he ever even asked about body parts. As far as he knows, naked is totally normal and nothing to be ashamed of. He knows you can't just go out in public naked, but he doesn't really care about at home, or in the locker room. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Yesterday
ZombiHunter
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
D'oh! Stooped auto correct! :) Thanks for telling me!

Quoting Emilytrademark:

I agree..except for the baked part. :)

Quoting ZombiHunter:

The baked body is nothing to be ashamed of. I want my kids to grow up believing that too. It's not like I'm in the nude a lot anyway and if any of them happen upon me while I do happen to be in the buff, I'm not gonna freak out and go rush for a towel.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amber710
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I will sometimes take a shower with my 4 year old girl because we are both girls and everything is the same. But I have taught her that our bodies are private and she washes her own girl parts (I do make sure she is doing it right). If she uses the potty while I am in the shower or comes in while I am getting dressed it isnt a big deal to me. But I am always naked for a reason...like showering, dressing, etc. I dont just walk around that way anymore since I had her.

I am pregnant with a boy and even when he is a baby I am not going to feel right about him seeing me naked. The standards I use with my daughter won't apply to him. Just like my daughter has NEVER been allowed to walk in on my DH or see him undressed (even as a baby). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)