Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Abortion scheduled -- thinking of keeping.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 123 Replies

A couple days ago I found out I"m pregnant after a one night stand. The guy is being great, he's going to help and come with me. We aren't together, I don't think we will be together. I'm in love with someone I will never be with and am working on getting over that.... I have a couple other kids and have been split from my husband for a year or so....but despite child support from my xh sometimes I struggle to make it each month though I can certainly cut back in some areas. This is the right choice, the best choice for me, my family, the baby....

But....part of me, the mom in me, is dying at the thought. What if its my last baby ever and I get rid of it? What if I meet someone and we want to have kids and can't and I always wonder about this one....I don't want to be tied to this guy....I don't want to be that mom that has a handful of kids by different fathers...i hate sharing my kids as it is and this guy would want to be involved....he makes good money but I still can't support another kid....I have a new job I can't take time off from.....I can't afford daycare for another one....but....ther'es always that but. I miss being pregnant, I miss having a baby. I know this is not the time in my life to be doing any of that, I'm young (almost 30) and I have lots of time....but....

Just had to get that off my chest....i haven't told anyone here I am going and I thought some of you might be able to relate, or understand, or have words of advice. PLEASE no abortion debates, that's not what this is about AT ALL. I don't care if you agree or disagree with abortion, I'm just needing to share my internal angst at making the right choice.....

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atyou
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:07 PM
7 moms liked this
Peace and love and very best wishes in whatever you decide.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM

i had an abortion and was still able to get pregnant again.  just make sure you go to a a good doctor and not a shit hole in the wall place. 

good luck.  know that this decision is what is best for all of you

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM
All you're getting from me is a Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM
2 moms liked this

*hugs* That's tough. But it sounds like you're making an educated choice. I'm really sorry it's so hard. It's like your heart wants to keep it but your brain knows it's not a good idea. Good luck to you mama. <3.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM
10 moms liked this

sometimes being a good mother is knowing when you cant be a mother at all...hugs

MyStarLight
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Do whatever you think is right for you
I would keep the child myself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
My4Kidds
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM
8 moms liked this
If u aren't 100% sure, dont do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't do it. You are not 100% sure which means out will be very traumatic for you. Have you sat down and talked to this guy about your feelings?
redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM
I second the peace and love mama!

Only you know what the answer is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)