Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Abortion scheduled -- thinking of keeping.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

A couple days ago I found out I"m pregnant after a one night stand. The guy is being great, he's going to help and come with me. We aren't together, I don't think we will be together. I'm in love with someone I will never be with and am working on getting over that.... I have a couple other kids and have been split from my husband for a year or so....but despite child support from my xh sometimes I struggle to make it each month though I can certainly cut back in some areas. This is the right choice, the best choice for me, my family, the baby....

But....part of me, the mom in me, is dying at the thought. What if its my last baby ever and I get rid of it? What if I meet someone and we want to have kids and can't and I always wonder about this one....I don't want to be tied to this guy....I don't want to be that mom that has a handful of kids by different fathers...i hate sharing my kids as it is and this guy would want to be involved....he makes good money but I still can't support another kid....I have a new job I can't take time off from.....I can't afford daycare for another one....but....ther'es always that but. I miss being pregnant, I miss having a baby. I know this is not the time in my life to be doing any of that, I'm young (almost 30) and I have lots of time....but....

Just had to get that off my chest....i haven't told anyone here I am going and I thought some of you might be able to relate, or understand, or have words of advice. PLEASE no abortion debates, that's not what this is about AT ALL. I don't care if you agree or disagree with abortion, I'm just needing to share my internal angst at making the right choice.....

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Replies (101-110):
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:49 PM

If you have any doubts, you probably shouldn't do it, or at least wait until you are sure.

tifbrown
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:50 PM
I hope you make the right decision for you. But, I highly doubt death is what is best for the baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I am 100% pro-choice and have had an abortion myself.  I have zero regrets about it and know that it was the right decision.

Having said that, unless you are 100% sure, don't do it.  You can't go back and change your mind later.  If you are early enough in your pregnancy, wait a week or so until you know for sure whether you want to give birth or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Please be sure you 100 % sure before you do it. I had an abortion in 2004. I had second thoughts but went ahead with it. I have never forgiven myself for doing it. By far the worst decision if my life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:56 PM

You should have thought of the possibility of getting pregnant when you spread your legs for some random guy. I think that now you need to just woman up and care for this baby that you created. It is a damn shame that you are going to kill this baby because you don't feel it is the right time in your life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:59 PM
DON'T DO IT!!!

You'll NEVER be able to take it back.

mommaboudreaux
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I just wanted to offer you a hug.  You are in my thoughts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I can tell you what happened to me,
I had one child who wasn't even a year old, we had no money , and really crappy jobs. I knew I wouldn't be able to care for another child. I wanted to go back to school.
No one knew I did this...
But I called an abortion clinic, I panicked that night . I mean freaked, I cried for hours. I felt like a really bad person. When I called the clinic, I was crying and upset, the woman who I talked to said "honey, I see a lot of woman in here a day. Some woman are ok with their decision , some woman are not. Either way you need to be 100% fully sure you want this. Because once you do it , their is no going back. "

I always remember her telling me that, It just stuck in my mind. I ended up not getting the abortion, I'm really glad I didn't. I'm still pregnant now, And I have more support than I thought I would.

*big hugs *
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Right you don't want to regret anything good luck to you In whatever you decide

Quoting My4Kidds:

If u aren't 100% sure, dont do it.
BabyBrooke13
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I've had an abortion. I was 18. It was my choice. I was only 5ish weeks and was able to take oral medication as opposed to the typical abortion complete with the evil vacuum. I have never regretted my choice. I am 100% at peace. But then again I was 100% sure it was what was best. I am truly sorry you have been put in this position and wish you the best. I believe you should listen to your heart and whatever way you decide everything will work out.

I just wanted you to know not every woman who has an abortion regrets it and not every abortion is the same
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)