Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abortion scheduled -- thinking of keeping.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

A couple days ago I found out I"m pregnant after a one night stand. The guy is being great, he's going to help and come with me. We aren't together, I don't think we will be together. I'm in love with someone I will never be with and am working on getting over that.... I have a couple other kids and have been split from my husband for a year or so....but despite child support from my xh sometimes I struggle to make it each month though I can certainly cut back in some areas. This is the right choice, the best choice for me, my family, the baby....

But....part of me, the mom in me, is dying at the thought. What if its my last baby ever and I get rid of it? What if I meet someone and we want to have kids and can't and I always wonder about this one....I don't want to be tied to this guy....I don't want to be that mom that has a handful of kids by different fathers...i hate sharing my kids as it is and this guy would want to be involved....he makes good money but I still can't support another kid....I have a new job I can't take time off from.....I can't afford daycare for another one....but....ther'es always that but. I miss being pregnant, I miss having a baby. I know this is not the time in my life to be doing any of that, I'm young (almost 30) and I have lots of time....but....

Just had to get that off my chest....i haven't told anyone here I am going and I thought some of you might be able to relate, or understand, or have words of advice. PLEASE no abortion debates, that's not what this is about AT ALL. I don't care if you agree or disagree with abortion, I'm just needing to share my internal angst at making the right choice.....

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:15 PM

If you aren't 100% positive don't go through with it.  You still have a few weeks to decide.  

If I were in your situation, I would seriously consider adoption.  I know it will still be hard, but giving the 'unwanted' baby to a family who can't have any kids, would be the greatest gift you could give that child and the family.  

Best wishes for what ever you decide.  

Anonymous
Don't do it. I wish I could trade places with you. We've been trying for a long while for another one. What I would give for that.
MrsMeyers81
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Quoting My4Kidds:

If u aren't 100% sure, dont do it.

MrsMeyers81 Mommy to 3 and expecting number 4!!! Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
Anonymous
1 mom liked this
I can't imagine making this decision. I hope whatever you decide you can find peace in it. I'm sorry.
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I seriously debated getting an abortion back in May. Being pregnant came at the WORST possible time. I had only been "officially" separated from my XH since December, jus started a job in March, was still figuring out how to be a single mom of my two bos, and not really with the dad either.

But I just couldn't do it. I made the appointment, but cancelled it the next day. I knew I wasn't 100% on termination. And with even a little bit of doubt, I couldn't do it.

I'm now 28.5 weeks along with the little girl I have been wanting. Her dad and I are together, and I am happier than I have honestly ever been.

There is nothing more for you to do than think. Obviously, the choice I made may not be what is best for you, however, it was best for me. I hope that you find peace with whatever decision you make.
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, this is something that only you can really be set on.

Why do you think that this will be your last child? Why do you think you will never get over it? If you're having doubts, have you talked to the women that work in the abortion clinic? They can help you work through some of your feelings and fears. And despite what other women might say, majority of places that perform abortions, aren't going to push that option on you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:18 PM
I've never been in that position, but I would think that if you have any doubt at all, you probably shouldn't do it.
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:20 PM
This

Quoting My4Kidds:

If u aren't 100% sure, dont do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyssasmommy318
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Hell I will HAPPILY take the baby if you wanna do adoption
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Don't do it, if there is even a little doubt you'll regret it. If you can't raise it what about adoption?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured