Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

am I being a selfish mom?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I have four kids and a full time job. I did so well at my job I was given a trip to another country for 3 days.You would just need a passport. For six months I thought my husband and I were going to go together. Now he is staying with our three year old and four month old while I go alone. Other coworkers will be there. It's a training session from people who have succeeded in this business. If I could do better in my business, I could work less and see my family more. We are hardly all ever together. Plus I need a break. As the breadwinner, I sat aside money for this in my business account. Am I selfish for still going?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkWink
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Not at all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
librarywizard
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:56 PM

No mama, this is a good opportunity for you. If your husband tries to call you selfish for going, don't let him. You earned it.

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Go and reap the benefits of your hard work and enjoy yourself.

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:01 PM

NO.  go! enjoy it.  

MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:02 PM
You're leaving a four month old? I couldn't do it. Though, I nurse and can't pump... Not selfish, just not something I would do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:03 PM
I just feel awful that I'm leaving my 4 month old home. His dad takes care of him almost as good as I can. He's a pretty amazing dad honestly.
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:04 PM

no. if it was your husband chances are that he would never have thought of inviting you. so go and enjoy your self :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Oh you have no idea. My nipples are on fire. He nurses some then drinks pumped milk. My whole diet and day revolves around nursing. I take 12 capsules of fenugreek a day. I do have an expensive pump though.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

You're leaving a four month old? I couldn't do it. Though, I nurse and can't pump... Not selfish, just not something I would do.

MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:19 PM
I have a nice pump, I just don't respond well to it. I can get more out hand expressing, but it takes forever and irritates my tendinitis in my hands.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh you have no idea. My nipples are on fire. He nurses some then drinks pumped milk. My whole diet and day revolves around nursing. I take 12 capsules of fenugreek a day. I do have an expensive pump though.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Oh, and if your nipples are on fire you may have thrush. I would treat with gentian violet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN