Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession is

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a mental addiction to weed. I know it's not harmful to me but I want to quit smoking. So I smoked my last bowl at 5 and I'm pretty sober now. That was it. I'm done. Please say something that will keep me from wanting to smoke!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Do you work or do you want to work?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Ive been smoking on a regular basis for 7 years now. Like you said it's mostly mental/habit, and unless SO quits with me i don't think I'd do it. Good luck to you! I think after the 2 weeks mark it will become much easier. Stay strong!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I used to smoke for anti anxiety help, but ironically staying busy keeps my nerves down, and i can't stay motivated with weed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I know most of this isn't true but I'm trying to quit so ill just let it slide

Quoting JuliannaRenee:

It is harmful. Can still cause lunge damage. Even though it is "from the earth". So is cocaine... Also it alters some of your brains chemical receptors. Especially your feel good receptors (sorry my pregnant self can't remember any technical terms currently.) anyways your brain expects to be "fed" the endorphins so you will no longer produce as many. Eventually your body will reset itself on this part. However weed does damage brain cells and those can never be replaced.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Yes I work

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you work or do you want to work?

JuliannaRenee
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Try looking it up on an actual doctor site or well rounded site. Not a marijuana site. I don't care to argue. The thing you take is a DRUG. It alters your body. It alters your mind. It alters your basic ability to function. It is not healthy, it does not help cure anything (yes it can be used to make you feel less pain but that is not a cure.) it is a drug plain and simple.
And before you say then I must think alcohol is a drug, I do. I also think normal cigarettes are a drug.
L3vib3ar
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:21 AM
Well are you around people who are always high? I felt that way when I was sober mostly because I was around my husband who was always high.. It's so mental.. If you aren't ready to quit you aren't but there will be a time you are fed up and it will just be like fuck this basically.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah I always want to get sober when I'm high but when I'm sober I just want to get high again

Quoting L3vib3ar:

I was smoking everyday for two years. I have been sober 11 months. Just know inside you can do absolutely anything. Only you can stop you. It sucks to ways be in a flog. When you are high all the time you are not living in reality but a fantasy. Plus you don't want you kids to see you that way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Yeah I'm fed up. Sick of hiding it. Sick of looking for it. Sick of not being Happy unless I'm stoned. My husband doesn't smoke though. Today is my first day! And I'm really hoping I can get through it without bitching someone out. I know ill be irritable

Quoting L3vib3ar:

Well are you around people who are always high? I felt that way when I was sober mostly because I was around my husband who was always high.. It's so mental.. If you aren't ready to quit you aren't but there will be a time you are fed up and it will just be like fuck this basically.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah I always want to get sober when I'm high but when I'm sober I just want to get high again

Quoting L3vib3ar:

I was smoking everyday for two years. I have been sober 11 months. Just know inside you can do absolutely anything. Only you can stop you. It sucks to ways be in a flog. When you are high all the time you are not living in reality but a fantasy. Plus you don't want you kids to see you that way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Wtf are you talking about? I don't look at marijuana sites. I have researched it for 2+ years. I don't want to get in a debate about it because I want to quit really bad. Bit it's not harmful and it does not kill brain cells, you need to do some research not on an anti drug site. And I won't even start with how much less dangerous it is than cigarettes or alcohol.
The reason I want to quit is because I have been using it to self Medicate and escape reality. That's not healthy for me mentally. I'm not worried about my physical health.

Quoting JuliannaRenee:

Quoting Anonymous:

Try looking it up on an actual doctor site or well rounded site. Not a marijuana site. I don't care to argue. The thing you take is a DRUG. It alters your body. It alters your mind. It alters your basic ability to function. It is not healthy, it does not help cure anything (yes it can be used to make you feel less pain but that is not a cure.) it is a drug plain and simple.

And before you say then I must think alcohol is a drug, I do. I also think normal cigarettes are a drug.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)