Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm taking someones job

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies

i was hired as a replacement for someone, but they havent been fired yet. its one of two people, a coworker or the assistant manager woman. the advertising for the job was very hush hush. i was picked out of like 10 people. im excelling wonderfully, getting a raise 6 days in. they want me to learn everything from the first 2 shifts, and im learning 3rd shift just to know it on my own time. but the thing is.......i dont know who im replacing, and i've met and worked with everyone...how do i not feel bad???

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM

bump

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM
4 moms liked this

I personally wouldn't feel bad. You had nothing to do with that person being fired and are doing a good job.  It sucks that they are being fired and you don't know who you are replacing, but that's probably for the best.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM
3 moms liked this

That would be tough.  But look at it this way, if that person was doing their job they wouldn't be getting replaced.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
3 moms liked this

You feed your children and think its a dog eat dog world. I doubt if they were good at their job, they would be replaced

kkmack
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Why would you feel bad? If someone wasn't performing up to standards, then good on your employer for recognizing it instead of just keeping them around. In this economy the employers who keep paying for slackers are the ones who are either going to go out of business or are passing the money they waste onto their customers. Now if your employer was firing them for the wrong reason that's different, but from your description that doesn't sound like what's happening. It sounds more like the employer is trying to be proactive to protect their business from underperformers. Good luck in your new position, and take the employer's current actions as a reminder to stay on top of your performance. The employer obviously is :)

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Congrats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Maybe they are leaving of their own accord, and just haven't announced it yet. Don't sweat it.

girlywifey
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Don't feel bad. I am sure that they were spoken to about their job performance . If it wasn't you it would be someone else.

mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

just beware this company could also do that to you

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM
4 moms liked this

its not your fault they aren't performing

but bear in mind how they handle things there - who knows when they will pull that kind of shit on you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)