Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Where to sit?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:12 AM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you sit someplace besides the regular tables?

Options:

If that's where I want to sit, yes.

No, those tables are clearly not set up for customer use right now.

Occasionally, I'm a little oblivious and might sit there before realizing I probably shouldn't have.

Only if there are other people sitting in those areas too.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

You come into a seat-yourself dining facility near closing time.  There are multiple seating areas; tall round tables, booths, or regular tables in the middle of the floor.  In the booths section the tables are pulled out and the condiments are removed from the table.  In the tall round tables the chairs are pulled from the tables and lined up around the outside of the area like a barricade.  You may notice employees in these areas either wiping tables, sweeping, or mopping.  Would you choose to sit at either a booth or a tall table?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I leave. It is rude to go to a restaurant when then they are closing.

NoahandEliza
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:14 AM
No, I think that's rude. I know they aren't closed yet, but I wouldn't make someone take extra time to clean something they had clearly already finished with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3earthangels
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Personally, I'd leave. If they're cleaning up before closing time they obviously don't want any more customers. I can go elsewhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywifey26
by Krissy on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:18 AM

This

Quoting Anonymous:

Kelsmomma123
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncbirdie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Actually, it has nothing to do with the customers.  I work in a mess hall.  They close at 8pm.  They will let the marines in the door right up until 7:59.  But then they want us all out by 9pm.  Even with getting 2/3 of the floor closed off and cleaned up before closing, we still usually spend about 40 minutes getting the rest of it cleaned.

Quoting 3earthangels:

Personally, I'd leave. If they're cleaning up before closing time they obviously don't want any more customers. I can go elsewhere.

JacksonGirl
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:23 AM
I worked in a restaurant and we would close down half about a half hour or so before closing time and people always wanted to sit on the side that was closed and I would kindly explain to them that we had plenty of tables on the side of the restaurant that had the lights on lol. Some people just want to be difficult!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncbirdie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:26 AM

We're not allowed to tell them they can't sit there.  Last night was horrible.  They were moving the chairs around the high tables so they could sit there.  Another group of guys pushed a table back into the booth.  Another one didn't even bother to push the table in; he just sat on the edge of the bench.

Quoting JacksonGirl:

I worked in a restaurant and we would close down half about a half hour or so before closing time and people always wanted to sit on the side that was closed and I would kindly explain to them that we had plenty of tables on the side of the restaurant that had the lights on lol. Some people just want to be difficult!

JacksonGirl
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:42 AM
Wow that's ignorance at its finest!!

Quoting ncbirdie:

We're not allowed to tell them they can't sit there.  Last night was horrible.  They were moving the chairs around the high tables so they could sit there.  Another group of guys pushed a table back into the booth.  Another one didn't even bother to push the table in; he just sat on the edge of the bench.

Quoting JacksonGirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)