Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Public Schools are horrible

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies

Public schools are proven to be failing children left and right.  They are getting more and more money, while the educational standards of this country are continuing to plummet.  The children are being passed through the subjects even when they don't actually learn what they should learn, so the schools can get the money. Kids are being taught what they need to know to pass the ever important state tests, that are continuing to increase in number, so the school can get more money, but the children aren't actually learning what they need to know.  

Today's kids have learned that they only need to pass a test, not actually know the information.

Most high school graduates can't  define a noun, explain what pi is, tell you what happened in the French and Indian War, or read or write in cursive, leaving them unable to read our founding documents unless someone "translates" them into manuscript (aka print, for all those out there who don't know the definition of manuscript) which is leaving the future of our country entirely dependent upon....the government.

The kids are haivng their mind filled with what ever social topic politicians feel is correct, and taught to not regard what their family or religious background may deem important because it's wrong.  The only thing that is socially correct is what politicians and teachers unions feel is the correct thing for a child to learn, and if the family believes differently, then the students are taught that their families are wrong. 

Lastly, the parents aren't allowed to be involved in deciding what their children need to learn any more. Once upon a time, when schools were successful (and before the NEA came to power...notice the more powerful the NEA becomes, the worse education standards fall? interesting correlation there) parents were INVOLVED. They were involved in deciding what curriculum's would be taught, what subjects would be covered. The teacher was always right, and if the child failed a test the parents and teacher worked together to help the student. If the student messed up and did something wrong, the parents would back up the teachers, now the teachers are regarded as wrong, not the child.  

While our society continues to put children on a pedistal as being only important facter, at the same time our children are being lied to by passing them onto the next grade when they dont' actually know what they need to know for that grade. The number of students "graduating" highschool each year unable to read and wright correctly (or even read at all for that matter) is staggering....and climbing. 

In short, until parents become INVOLVED in their children's lives, stop regarding public schools as their child's nanny and the only person responsible for raising their children, our public education is going to continue to be one of the worst things in this country.

The way things stand today, more than 90% of kids should be educated outside of a traditional class room.  What does that entail? Schools like Montessori schools....or home school.

But, of those 90%+ more than 98% wouldn't consider home schooling.  Why? Most parents have bought into the statement that only TEACHERS can educate a child....and have bought into that lie hook, line, and sinker. The rest just don't want to be around their kids and flat out state that they couldnt' stand to be around their kids all the time, and can't wait to be able to ship them back to school each year.

Public Schools are the embodiment of the sad state of our entire soceity.  

The government wants to control the people....and they do it by indoctrinateing our kids in the form of "education" as early on as they can. Thus, more and more states are offering free pre-school. The more zombies that are produced, the more the government can control the masses. 

Public schools, once a grand concept with wonderful intentions, designed to help more children succeed in life, has become the very tool the government is using to keep the people asleep, not thinking, just going about their lives as "sheeple".  

What to save this country?  Wake up and take back education. 

(Note: this is a post designed to make people think. Over and over and over people speak out with equally harsh, and uneducated, statements about homeschooling, and their posts and statements are regarded as true and correct. These posts are filled with people supporting the original post and original poster, making equally outlandish statements and refusing to "listen" to truth.  Yes, much of what I typed above IS true, or at least is my true...OPINION. It's no more "right" or "wrong" then those posting and speaking out against homeschooling. It is OPINION...they have theirs, and I have mine. Now let the debating begin. I'll be surprised if ANYONE steps up and says they agree with even half of what I said. Shoot, "I" only agree with half of what i said.  Can you figure out which half I believe to be true, and which half I don't?) 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElitestJen
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Ok. But cursive isn't really a necessary skill.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:11 AM
Yawnfest 2012.

Borrriiing.
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:11 AM
Lol
Why so defensive
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:12 AM
3 moms liked this

I wouldnt send my kids to public school if you paid me

ElitestJen
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Lol. And it's read and "write". LOL

Schools were actually created as warehouses for kids while their parents went to their factory jobs. Someone figured since the kids were there, they might as well teach them something.

I agree with most of that...especially the part about the NEA.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
..MoonShine..
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:13 AM
I didn't get passed "getting more and more money."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Whoa way too long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle
by AmyAzing on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:14 AM

tldr

Eco_Momma
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this

giving dad heart

I agree with half of what you said. =)  Probably the same half you do.

But lets be honest here for a second. a good portion of the moms who will read this HAVE to work, a lot will be single or have a partner that won't "let" them home school. Montessori & Waldorf schools are far and few between and they are expensive.  They really don't have a choice and even if they DID they wouldn't know where to start looking. And of course they will run across posts like the one from the " DC teacher", who has no clue what she is talking about, and feel they won't be able to go a good enough job.

You will be bashed for this post but I applaud you for stating what a lot of home school/ non tradtional schooling families think. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:17 AM
Us public skoool folk anit no good at no book learin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)