Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you had to choose.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Which method would you choose

Options:

Abortion Pill

D&C (in-clinic procedure)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 85

View Results

I'm going to get an abortion and I want to know which ladies may have gone through either type. One being the abortion pill, the other being the in-clinic procedure. I'm scared shitless of both but its absolutely necessary because I was raped and can't live with myself if I keep it :'( Thank you ladies for being supportive and not bashing me, I'm already going through a really tough time.

I'm leaning towards the pill but I'm not sure if the DSHS medical will cover it and I don't really have the money right now. Please help me out ladies, it's greatly appreciated.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
PinkWink
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:50 AM
May I ask, did you report the rape? If so, why didn't they give Plan B?

How far along are you? The pill can only be taken within the first 9 weeks. If you're within that, as a former abortion tech...I recommend it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:53 AM

I didn't report right away because I felt at fault for it. Like I feel like I put myself in that position. I know its not right and I should've done it right away but I didn't. I'm just under 6 weeks and I have an appointment set up in a few days. I'm planning on doing the procedure around the 24th because I have the time off from work for a few days. I'm really leaning towards the pill, the D&C sounds terrifying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow people are cold. I'm not a fan of abortion either, but I would never make a woman feel bad for having one, especially in this situation. . OP has obviously been through enough.

If I had to choose, I'd choose the pill. Wouldn't that depend how far along you are though?
PinkWink
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:56 AM
Aside from reporting it, why didn't you get Plan B?

And yes the aspiration procedure is more terrifying and traumatic.

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't report right away because I felt at fault for it. Like I feel like I put myself in that position. I know its not right and I should've done it right away but I didn't. I'm just under 6 weeks and I have an appointment set up in a few days. I'm planning on doing the procedure around the 24th because I have the time off from work for a few days. I'm really leaning towards the pill, the D&C sounds terrifying.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting moneysaver6:

I would not voluntarily choose to kill any of my children; legal or not.

I will never understand how any mother would choose to kill her own baby, smh

She said don't bash. So, that means you don't need to shake your heads. I don't see how you can anyway, with them being so far up your asses.

I didn't bash her, but your comment is bashing with your choice of words, SMH

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:00 AM
Uh huh and rape means she voluntarily wanted this child?
I'm with you 100% unless it's a rape circumstance.
Can you imagine carrying a child of someone that will just be a reminder of such a horrible event for 40 weeks?
Some people don't take care of their selves when its not rape so imagine how screwed up that child could turn out if they're resenting the pregnancy because it was from rape. Better off ending the hate early than just risking it come out all screwed up from lack of prenatal care & God knows what else.

Quoting moneysaver6:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:02 AM
2 moms liked this

I did, my child was innocent like me, she didn't deserve to die.

Quoting Anonymous:

Uh huh and rape means she voluntarily wanted this child?
I'm with you 100% unless it's a rape circumstance.
Can you imagine carrying a child of someone that will just be a reminder of such a horrible event for 40 weeks?
Some people don't take care of their selves when its not rape so imagine how screwed up that child could turn out if they're resenting the pregnancy because it was from rape. Better off ending the hate early than just risking it come out all screwed up from lack of prenatal care & God knows what else.

Quoting moneysaver6:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:03 AM

I didn't get plan B because it had already been over a week before I went to anyone. I was in such shock and I guess didn't even weigh the risk of pregnancy since I have PCOS and didn't even think I could conceive. I tried for over 5 years to conceive and nothing ever happened even on fertitlity drugs. So I'm in total disarray.

Quoting PinkWink:

Aside from reporting it, why didn't you get Plan B?

And yes the aspiration procedure is more terrifying and traumatic. 

Quoting Anonymous:

epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:04 AM
There are pros and cons to both. It really depends on you. I suggest looking up the procedures and doing some reading, as well as discussing this with your practitioner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:04 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN