Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you had to choose.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Which method would you choose

Options:

Abortion Pill

D&C (in-clinic procedure)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 85

View Results

I'm going to get an abortion and I want to know which ladies may have gone through either type. One being the abortion pill, the other being the in-clinic procedure. I'm scared shitless of both but its absolutely necessary because I was raped and can't live with myself if I keep it :'( Thank you ladies for being supportive and not bashing me, I'm already going through a really tough time.

I'm leaning towards the pill but I'm not sure if the DSHS medical will cover it and I don't really have the money right now. Please help me out ladies, it's greatly appreciated.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:34 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:36 AM
I've had a D&C three times...once to terminate. I recommend that as I has not problems and minor physical pain... just some cramping. However I know nothing about the pill except I think I would be highly traumatized with what happens regarding the pill when I would already be feeling, sadness, regret....even if I really felt abortion was my only option. (which I did....the pill was not available then, but even if it was, I'd get the D&C.)

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

I have two friends who had D&Cs to end pregnancies and my mother had one with no anesthesia to get retained placenta after I was born.

They would not recommend the D&C. Go for the pill.

weirdkids
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:37 AM
2 moms liked this

i can not answer this because there is no situation in which i would have to seek out an abortion. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I would never murder and innocent baby
PinkWink
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Ectopic pregnancy?

Quoting weirdkids:

i can not answer this because there is no situation in which i would have to seek out an abortion. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weirdkids
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:49 AM

those are usually handled by a regular ob, not an abortion clinic and its a completely different procedure. they do not use a pill for it and "in clinic " procedure isnt the same either. i also wouldnt be seeking out an abortion. the termination would happen in a hospital setting, not in an office att some clinic.

Quoting PinkWink:

Ectopic pregnancy?

Quoting weirdkids:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:00 AM
I'm sorry that happen to you! Please ignore those nasty ,ugly ,woman who think it is okay to lay a guilt trip on you because they think they are so damn perfect! If it where me, I would take the pill.
leegirl_jm
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:27 AM

I would choose the D&C (in-clinic procedure), it is a method that has been long used and pretty safe.

Meglet1970
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Personnally, I wouldn't (and didn't) choose either, but I am so sorry that you are in this position to begin with.  I certainly understand where you are coming from.  It wasn't an easy choice, but I kept my baby who is now a beautiful 19 almost 20 year old.

Good luck with either option that you go with.

MusicMuse1991
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM

and i will never understand why people have to be a bitch about a choice that has nothing to do with them

Quoting moneysaver6:

Neither will I.

Quoting Anonymous:

I will never understand how any mother would choose to kill her own baby, smh

Quoting moneysaver6:

I would not voluntarily choose to kill any of my children; legal or not.

MusicMuse1991
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I would never murder and innocent baby

good thing abortion isn't murder then

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured