Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need to get the 2yr old outta our bed and make way for the next baby! *Cosleeping*

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:06 AM
  • 23 Replies

We Co-sleep always have always will, if you don't agree I don't care, so save your breath, We do it right and never had a scare.

We co-slept with our almost two year old from birth but now with our next on its way we know we will not be able to safely and comfortably co-sleep with a newborn and two and a half year old once baby is here in June.

So how do I start to get DS to sleep in his toddler bed?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:07 AM

YOU  DON'T  or he will come to HATE the baby who took his place...make room for both, unless  you want to cause physchological harm to your son. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:08 AM
Gl my almost 2 yr old still sleeps with us and new baby :) bump for ideas :)
AleaKat
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Uh ur having this problem to the point if asking advice but you always have always will. Your right this was a total waste of breath.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krunchykorn
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Well thats why I am going to start making the move now, in an attempt to make it normal to him before baby is here till have 36 weeks until I am due lol

Quoting Anonymous:

YOU  DON'T  or he will come to HATE the baby who took his place...make room for both, unless  you want to cause physchological harm to your son. 

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:13 AM
I think you should find a way to do it safely, because that seems unfair to your son and he will perceive it as being "thrown away" to make room for the new baby. Put yourself in his shoes, it's hard enough to accept a new baby sibling without having to give up your things.
If you don't want to co-sleep with both, then do it long before the baby is born so he doesn't associate the 2 events and just let him know that it's because he's a big boy now, not because you need his space for the baby.

Sharon
krunchykorn
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:14 AM

I am asking since I have never had a second child, nor have I had to deal with to kiddies in the bed and in my eyes with the way DS rolls around at night its not a safe option.

Quoting AleaKat:

Uh ur having this problem to the point if asking advice but you always have always will. Your right this was a total waste of breath.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:14 AM

do you honestly think the child will NOT remember being in your bed??  there is no 'making it normal for him' at this point...he will remember your bed for the rest of his life....keep that in mind, when he wants to get into bed with you and the baby. 

Quoting krunchykorn:

Well thats why I am going to start making the move now, in an attempt to make it normal to him before baby is here till have 36 weeks until I am due lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Ask your pediatrician for advice.

AleaKat
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:15 AM
Sorry. I've seen way too many parents struggle with co sleeping for me to agree to it. Both my babies slept in their cribs from night one . It was a struggle with sleep for a while but it was totally worth it.

Quoting krunchykorn:

I am asking since I have never had a second child, nor have I had to deal with to kiddies in the bed and in my eyes with the way DS rolls around at night its not a safe option.

Quoting AleaKat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krunchykorn
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Thats why I am going to try and make the change from now on, I am only just going on 5 weeks pregnant so theres about 35 weeks to go and make the change normal to him :)

Quoting momto2boys973:

I think you should find a way to do it safely, because that seems unfair to your son and he will perceive it as being "thrown away" to make room for the new baby. Put yourself in his shoes, it's hard enough to accept a new baby sibling without having to give up your things.
If you don't want to co-sleep with both, then do it long before the baby is born so he doesn't associate the 2 events and just let him know that it's because he's a big boy now, not because you need his space for the baby.

Sharon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN