Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do you call him your husband if he isn't your husband?

Posted by   + Show Post
I've seen this often on here and was just wondering why women do that. Discuss!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Replies (111-120):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM
3 moms liked this

Why do you feel the need to justify your relationship?  If he is your boyfriend, then he is.  You can also say partner.  By calling him something he isnt', it seems like you are embarrassed by your relationship status.

Quoting 2inPink222:

Because sometimes just saying boyfriend or SO doesn't carry the weight of being together for 9yrs and having two kids. When someone says BF people tend to think the kiddos are either not from the same dad or you've only been together for a short time or whatever. But, you get where I'm going. I feel like if I say BF I also have to say, "Well, we're aren't married but we mine as well be. We've been together forever, have two kids, 3 cars, and a home together."

Erna2
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM

This.....

Quoting eve210:

Lol, this is what I think also

Quoting MrsMetalMama:

Cause they want him to be but he probably doesn't want to be her husband. some chicks are crazy like that.

tyheamma
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM
It bothers me because I'm a very honest person and hate being lied to. It doesn't matter to me that they aren't married but if they call their boyfriend or fiancé their husband, I trust them less.
2inPink222
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I am in no-way-shape-or-form "embarrassed" by my status. I don't neccessarily refer to him as my husband. I mean, I HAVE on occasion but not on a regular basis. I just understand why people do it. He is actually my fiance.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Why do you feel the need to justify your relationship?  If he is your boyfriend, then he is.  You can also say partner.  By calling him something he isnt', it seems like you are embarrassed by your relationship status.

Quoting 2inPink222:

Because sometimes just saying boyfriend or SO doesn't carry the weight of being together for 9yrs and having two kids. When someone says BF people tend to think the kiddos are either not from the same dad or you've only been together for a short time or whatever. But, you get where I'm going. I feel like if I say BF I also have to say, "Well, we're aren't married but we mine as well be. We've been together forever, have two kids, 3 cars, and a home together."

2ndtimemom605
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
That was weird,how you got all pissed off about her "caring".Why do you care that she cares?

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmfao I'm actually married 12 years strong. I just don't see the issue of you needing to get worked up over a title someone gives someone they love .

Ppl have their reasons for not getting married I guess. ..... but it doesn't concern me.

Quoting owl0210:

Calm down lady don't stroke out. I didn't say I gave a shit either way it's just a simple question lol.

Is he not marrying you?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why does it concern you? Does it affect your daily life? Other then giving you a reason to bitch about something because your miserable. Sad your life is that boring. YOU KNOW ITS KINDA LIKE WELL FEMALEA SAYING DH BECAUSE HE FITS THE TITLE, KINDA LIKE YOUR A BITCH LIKE YOU FIT THE TITLE. NEAT HOW THAT WORKS HUH?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:58 AM

So, the party and celebration is more important than actually getting married?  I never understand this point of view.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its really not important enough for either if us to do a crappy first wedding, we'd rather just wait and do it how we want it in The first place

Quoting Anonymous:

$30 and the JP will fix that problem if you.really wanna married..you can always renew your vows later when you can afford the wedding you want..thats what dh and I decided to do because at 20 & 21 we couldn't afford the wedding we wanted. We plan on renewing our vows in a couple yrs at our 10yr ann

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we have been together 4 years, having a child together, been through more than most married couples and we do not have the means for the type of wedding we want..

layawatling
by Laya on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Ditto

Quoting Jennyanne322:

I see this on Facebook all the time. I don't get it either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ndirishchic06
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Maybe because they're relationship is more than just a 'boyfriend/girlfriend' thing, bc to me boyfriend sounds sorta juvenile. Or maybe because its just easier, my mom has been friends with a few ladies since even before I was born, so instead of just saying so and so is my moms friend, I just call her my aunt. They're all like aunts to me anyways lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy9518
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:58 AM
This. And he also calls me his wife.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we've been together so long, he obviously isn't going anywhere- and I don't need a piece of paper to say so.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:59 AM

because they are embarrassed to say boyfriend

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN