Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do you call him your husband if he isn't your husband?

Posted by   + Show Post
I've seen this often on here and was just wondering why women do that. Discuss!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Replies (121-130):
Anjlmom32
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:59 AM
This..

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we've been together so long, he obviously isn't going anywhere- and I don't need a piece of paper to say so.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:00 AM

i agree and i think is dumb ... earn the title to get the recognition !

but when you tell those same people " do you call a person who is studying to become a doctor , a doctor even thought they havent graduated from medical school ? " and the answer will always be the same " those wo things are totally different " .... ummm , sure ! smh

loving_my2boys
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:00 AM
I like the term significant other, b/c he's a significant person in my life but we haven't taken the next step yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaya529
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM
I did it because I needed to believe that he was going to get better and we were going to have the family we had talked about before we found out he had cancer. It helped me stay strong through the ordeal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Exactly

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

because they are embarrassed to say boyfriend

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Because we are a family and together forever.

And a piece of paper won't make us more committed or more in love.

I don't want to throw a party yet because I don't feel like it. I will throw our big party when we pay off our house in a few years.
tryinagain85
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Lol!!! We all have lil nicknames for the men in our lives.

Quoting 2inPink222:

EXACTLY - But truth be told - I usually just refer to him as "the Asshole". lmao :)

Quoting tryinagain85:

I feel like we are on the same page. Me and my SO have been together 8 yrs and have 2 kids together. We both agree that it just doesn't feel right to use the labels boyfriend and girlfriend anymore. When he introduces me to people, he says wife not girlfriend. Saying girlfriend just doesn't sound serious, and after 8 years of bondage, 2 kids and getting engaged, i would say we are past serious.

Quoting 2inPink222:

Because sometimes just saying boyfriend or SO doesn't carry the weight of being together for 9yrs and having two kids. When someone says BF people tend to think the kiddos are either not from the same dad or you've only been together for a short time or whatever. But, you get where I'm going. I feel like if I say BF I also have to say, "Well, we're aren't married but we mine as well be. We've been together forever, have two kids, 3 cars, and a home together."

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL, but calling him your husband makes people assume you have that paper so you make no sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't want to throw a party yet because I don't feel like it. I will throw our big party when we pay off our house in a few years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Because my husband started calling me his wife years ago. Boyfriend and girlfriend sound childish.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

That's great but why do you refer to him as your husband if you aren't married?  

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN