Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do you call him your husband if he isn't your husband?

Posted by   + Show Post
I've seen this often on here and was just wondering why women do that. Discuss!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:28 AM
4 moms liked this
Nothing you stated makes you married though.Husband and wife are titles specifically linked to marriage,and you are not married and thefore have no husband,nor are you his wife.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we have been together 4 years, having a child together, been through more than most married couples and we do not have the means for the type of wedding we want..

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:28 AM
6 moms liked this
My wedding was only $150. We used the money we had to buy a house instead so the whole I can't afford to get married is a weak excuse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we have been together 4 years, having a child together, been through more than most married couples and we do not have the means for the type of wedding we want..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsMetalMama
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I never called my husband, husband till we got married cause it was not right. i didn't take his last name till we got married then that made me his wife. that is how i see it. i feel your not husband and wife till y'all take y'all vows and make a promise to each other.

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly and they use the line I don't need a piece of paper to show our love, blah blah blah same ol crap. But we know damn well it crosses her mind a lot, why won't he marry me? Waaahhh

Quoting MrsMetalMama:

Cause they want him to be but he probably doesn't want to be her husband. some chicks are crazy like that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:29 AM
5 moms liked this
That's what I've always thought as well. I think the majority of them know that the guy isn't going to marry them but they call him their husband as a sort of cold comfort.

Quoting MrsMetalMama:

Cause they want him to be but he probably doesn't want to be her husband. some chicks are crazy like that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyFreeRider
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Futureshock made this same post in another group. Lol. What some people dont realize is that (depending on their state laws) some states consider you common law married if you introduce your partner as your spouse. Its like that where I live. When that happens you have to go thru a divorce just like a regular married couple if you decide to split up. If you want to do that, cool. But it may be beneficial to yourself to research your state laws on common law marriage before going around (especially online where the evidence is left) calling each other husband and/or wife.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsMetalMama
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
My wedding was $150 or around that. it paid for my dress, hubby shirt and slacks, and my sons suits. we got married on our property by our pastor.

Quoting owl0210:

My wedding was only $150. We used the money we had to buy a house instead so the whole I can't afford to get married is a weak excuse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenangel_353
by Nikki on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Lol mine costed 48.50.... Definitely can't use money as an excuse :p
Quoting owl0210:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I saw someone post about this a few days ago lol. It annoys me to no end and it shouldn't, but it does. DH and I "lived in sin" for 2 1/2 years before getting married. There were people who tried to say that he was my husband and I his wife before we actually tied the knot and I always found myself correcting them back to fiance. I wanted to see the marriage license and take my vows before I took his name. I'm traditional in that way. My brother's girlfriend on the other hand is all over taking his name and they have only been together for 6 months. If my brother was a better "man" I wouldn't necessarily give it second thought, but majority of his relationships don't survive past 8 or 9 months before he gets bored and walks away. He's a real "standup guy".

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
That piece of paper differentiates the husbands from the boyfriends,the wives from the girlfriends.You don't want to get married?cool,but why dress it up into something its not?he is your boyfriend.Is that a problem?

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we've been together so long, he obviously isn't going anywhere- and I don't need a piece of paper to say so.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:35 AM
My divorce cost $8k go figure lol.

Quoting fallenangel_353:

Lol mine costed 48.50.... Definitely can't use money as an excuse :p
Quoting owl0210:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN