Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do you call him your husband if he isn't your husband?

Posted by   + Show Post
I've seen this often on here and was just wondering why women do that. Discuss!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Replies (31-40):
pinkglitter1
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:35 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol I bet he put that in your head right.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we've been together so long, he obviously isn't going anywhere- and I don't need a piece of paper to say so.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:35 AM
I clearly stated a means to the type wedding WE want so yes It Is an "excuse,"

Quoting owl0210:

My wedding was only $150. We used the money we had to buy a house instead so the whole I can't afford to get married is a weak excuse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we have been together 4 years, having a child together, been through more than most married couples and we do not have the means for the type of wedding we want..
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM
3 moms liked this
Our marriage license was $50 back in 2000. I'm not sure how much they are or how much they vary from state to state but I can't imagine them being very far out of reach for anyone who really had the desire to be married. Saving your pocket change will add up to enough to pay for a legal marriage. Maybe not the wedding you want, but certainly a marriage.

I wonder how many guys put the idea of a nice wedding that they know they can't afford in the woman's head just to stall things indefinitely. Lol. Women.

Quoting fallenangel_353:

Lol mine costed 48.50.... Definitely can't use money as an excuse :p
Quoting owl0210:

My wedding was only $150. We used the money we had to buy a house instead so the whole I can't afford to get married is a weak excuse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we have been together 4 years, having a child together, been through more than most married couples and we do not have the means for the type of wedding we want..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Because he will be next month. I usually call him my fiancé but I'll admit sometimes I still call him my boyfriend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:37 AM
That's what marriage means to YOU, doesn't mean everyone feels that way..I honestly couldn't care less if he and I are never married he is still my husband

Quoting Anonymous:

Nothing you stated makes you married though.Husband and wife are titles specifically linked to marriage,and you are not married and thefore have no husband,nor are you his wife.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:37 AM
3 moms liked this
Hold on! We're forgetting one of the funniest lines...

"We don't need the government's permission to be a family".

Lmao
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenangel_353
by Nikki on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:38 AM
LOL ugh right? Cheap to get in, hella expensive to get out.

Quoting owl0210:

My divorce cost $8k go figure lol.

Quoting fallenangel_353:

Lol mine costed 48.50.... Definitely can't use money as an excuse :p
Quoting owl0210:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:38 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't. I'm engaged, not married. We've been together for 7 years but he's my fiancé. Although I cannot understand why you or anyone would care how a couple refers to one another. It's nonsensical to care about something trivial that does not effect you.
weirdkids
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM
This and we are raising OUR large blended family together.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we've been together so long, he obviously isn't going anywhere- and I don't need a piece of paper to say so.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjfamily
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:40 AM
I never called Jay my husband before we got married but we were together a long time and had a dd before we made it official and one day at work my manager said " Kelly your boyfriend called ! " I was like "what I don't have a boyfriend!!!" Haha. Before we were married he felt like my husband in my heart:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)