Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do you call him your husband if he isn't your husband?

Posted by   + Show Post
I've seen this often on here and was just wondering why women do that. Discuss!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Replies (41-50):
mylovey
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:40 AM
4 moms liked this

I don't understand why people care. 

Mommy to little Miss. Saylor, and little Mr. Finley. 

ramita
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Some peopld do it to avoid the questions of why arent u married? when u getting married? why dont u want to get married? etc...its just easier to say ur married to preven those questions than to say it none of ur business...alot nicer to...lol

Quoting Anonymous:

That piece of paper differentiates the husbands from the boyfriends,the wives from the girlfriends.You don't want to get married?cool,but why dress it up into something its not?he is your boyfriend.Is that a problem?

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we've been together so long, he obviously isn't going anywhere- and I don't need a piece of paper to say so.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

One of my closest friends has lived with her "husband" for 27 years. They had a handfasting ceremony 17 years ago. 

Their relationship is stronger then most "married" couples I know.

M.I.A...P.O.W
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:42 AM

The long and the short of it is not everyone needs or wants a piece of paper to consider themselves married. On here I call the man I am with my boyfriend most of the time, but in real life I am his wife and him my husband. Everyone in my life knows that we want to be married but legally I cannot at this moment, and as soon as we can we will.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:42 AM

It irks me slightly but hey it's their choice. I assume they do it because the relationship is long term and they want the person to be their husband. But then when they break up, they get angry when I say ex-husband! lol

Miranda1127
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
What?!?!? Your dream perhaps. Women...eehhh....no.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's always been a women's dream since being young to change their last name to the man's. Some woman just found men that do not want to marry them, so they are stuck playing house just like when they were young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkglitter1
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM
My dress was 35 I added extra pieces to make a train and added stones to it... My shoes 19 my husband had a suit and my son had one Christmas was a week before our weeding so they just got clothes and even then used the gift cards we got for my dress and shoes, marriage license 70 and 50 to marry us.

Quoting fallenangel_353:

Lol mine costed 48.50.... Definitely can't use money as an excuse :p
Quoting owl0210:

My wedding was only $150. We used the money we had to buy a house instead so the whole I can't afford to get married is a weak excuse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we have been together 4 years, having a child together, been through more than most married couples and we do not have the means for the type of wedding we want..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkglitter1
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM
My dress was 35 I added extra pieces to make a train and added stones to it... My shoes 19 my husband had a suit and my son had one Christmas was a week before our weeding so they just got clothes and even then used the gift cards we got for my dress and shoes, marriage license 70 and 50 to marry us.

Quoting fallenangel_353:

Quoting owl0210:

My wedding was only $150. We used the money we had to buy a house instead so the whole I can't afford to get married is a weak excuse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we have been together 4 years, having a child together, been through more than most married couples and we do not have the means for the type of wedding we want..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkglitter1
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Quoting fallenangel_353:

Quoting owl0210:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Why can't you?

Quoting M.I.A...P.O.W:

The long and the short of it is not everyone needs or wants a piece of paper to consider themselves married. On here I call the man I am with my boyfriend most of the time, but in real life I am his wife and him my husband. Everyone in my life knows that we want to be married but legally I cannot at this moment, and as soon as we can we will.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)