Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Vice President debate

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I thought the debate was terrible, the moderator was a complete idiot and was obviously for Obama. She asked stupid questions about abortion which isn't a main topic, she should been asking questions about the economy. Also Biden was laughing and interrupting nonstop, he completely embarrassed himself. I thought Ryan did good he kept it together. I thought the debate was poorly put together though they shoulda never had that woman be the moderator she was terrible.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Replies (131-138):
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Bless your heart. I'm not the delusional one here. Look in the mirror sweetheart.

How would you know if my statement is "overdrawn dribble" (which you used the wrong word...it should be debacle or something along that line) if you refuse to read my statement? How would you know that what I stated is nonsensical of you refuse to read it? LOL Talk about foot in mouth.

I don't need to brush up on English (pot meet kettle there). LOL

No, I don't lack experience. No, I don't have a "know it all" attitude. I didn't say that I won this back and forth. I said that I've won debates on this topic in the past. Reading comprehension clearly isn't your strongest suit--and that's something that is pretty evident throughout this thread.

I highly doubt that you've been debating this since before I knew where babies came from...lmao!!! To answer your question: nothing other than donating to a cause. I have a life. I work, my husband is ill, I have young children, I'm in the process of moving to another state, etc.

You keep telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about. However, you won't tell me what it is that I don't know. I think that you're talking out of your ass.

Again, if you think that this thread encompasses all of my knowledge on this topic, you're sadly mistaken.

You really need to get over yourself.
Quoting hautemama83:

And more overdrawn dribble. If you honestly think I'm going to read through all that nonsensical BS you keep running in circles with, you're delusional.

But perhaps you need to brush up on your English. Replying is not synonymous with needing, or wanting to prove a point.

Furthermore you do indeed lack experience. Let me ask you this - aside from sitting on your ass running your "know it all" mouth what have you done for women's rights or better yet pro-choice? I've been helping, debating and utilizing this shit since before you even knew where babies came from. So save me the "I won" crap.

If this thread is your example of what you know, all you've proven is how little that is.
Quoting AdellesMom:

LMFAO @ the irony.

Child, I know that I quoted you. The point--since it obviously went over your head--is that you posted a comment in a public forum. If you weren't trying to prove a point, why'd you post anything at all? Derp.

I don't lack experience and knowledge on this topic. My point--which I have proven--is that a state banning abortion takes away the choice of the individual in that state. You were the on arguing on a technicality. When I debunked your technicality, you began telling me that I failed to prove my point. You said that my argument was weak because you weren't understanding my point. When I explained it again, you had nothing to say other than "you haven't proved your point."

If I had failed to prove my point, you'd reply with something of substance to prove that I haven't proved my point. But, you've failed to prove the point that you brought up saying that I haven't proved my point.

Also, if you think that this is my pro choice argument, you're sadly mistaken. I wrote about this in college, received an "A," and a nod for outstanding work from my Dean.

I'm not the one spewing bullshit.

Just so we're clear, I was never arguing to try to sway anyone. I simply quoted you telling you that you were wrong about R&R's stance on abortion--which is sad considering that you support them so.

I have debated this topic very strongly in the past and I've won. I do admit that I'm not on my p's and q's today because I have a lot going on.

JSYK: failure is subjective. I have proved my point.

Quoting hautemama83:

And here we go more of the same dribble. No clearly you have no clue what you're talking about. You haven't proved a single point. You have failed miserably. And if you forgot YOU quoted me there Deary. I'm pro-choice and you can't even convince me to buy your bullshit. You lack experience and knowledge on the topic, plain and simple.

Quoting AdellesMom:

No, I'm not deflecting and I have proven my point. You're simply using fallacious logic to try to "one up" me--whatever.

I do know what I'm talking about and I have proven my point. Saying that I haven't proven my point because you disagree is erroneous and just plain stupid--it's illogical.

No, I'm not campaigning. LMMFAO

Yes, you're being a hypocrite. If you're not trying to prove a point, why are you engaging with me? Why'd you post something in the first place?

I'm the one keeping up...look in the mirror.

Thanks for playing though.
Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting hautemama83:

They've already said they wouldn't. But aside from that to you honestly believe roe v wade would be turned over after standing for years? What would be the basis for overturning it?
Quoting Sunshinebee0502:

����¯�¿�½���¯���¿���½������¯������¿������½����¯�¿�½���¯���¿���½����¯�¿�½������ I'm just curious why do you think they couldn't overturn Roe v. Wade?

Quoting Anonymous:

Abortions are not an issue!!!! They would have a snowballs chance in hell overturning Roe v. Wade. I enjoyed the debate it was lively and much better than the presidental debate.

����¯�¿�½���¯���¿���½������¯������¿������½����¯�¿�½���¯���¿���½����¯�¿�½������ 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:27 PM
And now with the "bless your heart" shit. You're so predictable its pathetic.

As for the rest -
no I didn't use the wrong word
no I have no issue comprehending anything you've said
Yes ive been helping, and participating in this topic for roughly 15 years now. I've seen and dealt with all sides to this. You can't say the same, thus you naturally lack experience.

All you've done here is said over and over shit happens. Really? That's ALL you've got?

And admittedly don't do shit but donate. Lmfao donationing to Obama doesn't count. Excuses are like assholes with that. You want to make a different, get off your ass and do so.

Anyway I'm done here. Frankly your repetitiveness is annoying, and showing your stupid.

Next time stick with the kiddos, you're not ready for "grown debating".

Quoting AdellesMom:

Bless your heart. I'm not the delusional one here. Look in the mirror sweetheart.

How would you know if my statement is "overdrawn dribble" (which you used the wrong word...it should be debacle or something along that line) if you refuse to read my statement? How would you know that what I stated is nonsensical of you refuse to read it? LOL Talk about foot in mouth.

No, I don't lack experience. No, I don't have a "know it all" attitude. I didn't say that I won this back and forth. I said that I've won debates on this topic in the past. Reading comprehension clearly isn't your strongest suit--and that's something that is pretty evident throughout this thread.

I highly doubt that you've been debating this since before I knew where babies came from...lmao!!! To answer your question: nothing other than donating to a cause. I have a life. I work, my husband is ill, I have young children, I'm in the process of moving to another state, etc.

You keep telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about. However, you won't tell me what it is that I don't know. I think that you're talking out of your ass.

Again, if you think that this thread encompasses all of my knowledge on this topic, you're sadly mistaken.

Quoting hautemama83:

And more overdrawn dribble. If you honestly think I'm going to read through all that nonsensical BS you keep running in circles with, you're delusional.

But perhaps you need to brush up on your English. Replying is not synonymous with needing, or wanting to prove a point.

Furthermore you do indeed lack experience. Let me ask you this - aside from sitting on your ass running your "know it all" mouth what have you done for women's rights or better yet pro-choice? I've been helping, debating and utilizing this shit since before you even knew where babies came from. So save me the "I won" crap.

If this thread is your example of what you know, all you've proven is how little that is.
Quoting AdellesMom:

LMFAO @ the irony.

Child, I know that I quoted you. The point--since it obviously went over your head--is that you posted a comment in a public forum. If you weren't trying to prove a point, why'd you post anything at all? Derp.

I don't lack experience and knowledge on this topic. My point--which I have proven--is that a state banning abortion takes away the choice of the individual in that state. You were the on arguing on a technicality. When I debunked your technicality, you began telling me that I failed to prove my point. You said that my argument was weak because you weren't understanding my point. When I explained it again, you had nothing to say other than "you haven't proved your point."

If I had failed to prove my point, you'd reply with something of substance to prove that I haven't proved my point. But, you've failed to prove the point that you brought up saying that I haven't proved my point.

Also, if you think that this is my pro choice argument, you're sadly mistaken. I wrote about this in college, received an "A," and a nod for outstanding work from my Dean.

Just so we're clear, I was never arguing to try to sway anyone. I simply quoted you telling you that you were wrong about R&R's stance on abortion--which is sad considering that you support them so.

I have debated this topic very strongly in the past and I've won. I do admit that I'm not on my p's and q's today because I have a lot going on.

Quoting hautemama83:

And here we go more of the same dribble. No clearly you have no clue what you're talking about. You haven't proved a single point. You have failed miserably. And if you forgot YOU quoted me there Deary. I'm pro-choice and you can't even convince me to buy your bullshit. You lack experience and knowledge on the topic, plain and simple.

Quoting AdellesMom:

No, I'm not deflecting and I have proven my point. You're simply using fallacious logic to try to "one up" me--whatever.

I do know what I'm talking about and I have proven my point. Saying that I haven't proven my point because you disagree is erroneous and just plain stupid--it's illogical.

Yes, you're being a hypocrite. If you're not trying to prove a point, why are you engaging with me? Why'd you post something in the first place?

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting hautemama83:

They've already said they wouldn't. But aside from that to you honestly believe roe v wade would be turned over after standing for years? What would be the basis for overturning it?
Quoting Sunshinebee0502:

����¯�¿�½���¯���¿���½������¯������¿������½����¯�¿�½���¯���¿���½����¯�¿�½������ I'm just curious why do you think they couldn't overturn Roe v. Wade?

Quoting Anonymous:

Abortions are not an issue!!!! They would have a snowballs chance in hell overturning Roe v. Wade. I enjoyed the debate it was lively and much better than the presidental debate.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Pot meet kettle again. You're very predictable too. Lmao

Yes, you did use the wrong word. Do you not know what the word "dribble" means? Yes, you do have reading comprehension issues. Earlier, you were saying that I said things that I didn't say. Also, people that don't have reading comprehension issues use words properly.

Ahhhh...15 years. If that's the case, you haven't been debating this topic since "before I knew where babies come from." I can't say that I've been debating this for 15 years. However, I can say that I have seen all sides. I used to be staunchly pro-life. I've been on the other side. I take in accounts from people that have differing views, I do research. Hell, my husband is pro-life with the exception clause. So, I do not "naturally lack experience." But, I'm not as "experienced" as you.

You really should ask before you ASSume.

No, that's not all I've done. You clearly have had a lapse in memory. Either that, or you have a selective memory. Here we go again with your comprehension problem. The "shit happens" was in response to your asking why it wouldn't be feasible to go to another state to get an abortion, and why it would be "okay" I outlaw abortion. Surely, as someone that's pro-choice, you'd understand where I was coming from.

More comprehension problems. I said that I donate money to causes. I didn't say that I donated money to Obama. However, I have donated money to Obama's campaign. I know that "donating to Obama doesn't count." That's why I didn't mention my donations to Obama's campaign. Derp.

"Excuses are like assholes with that." (But I'm the one that needs a better grasp on English...LMAO) That sentence makes no sense. Those aren't excuses--it's the truth. That's my life. Plus, I highly doubt that is be able to find a pro-choice rally in MS anyway.

*Difference.

Honey, I have plans for what I want to do and how I want to make a difference. But, it's not feasible for me to do it at this point in my life. Why is that so hard for you to understand? I know! Because you're sitting on your high horse.

I'm not showing my stupid. I'm also not being repetitive.

You stated that I didn't know what I was talking about--you have failed to substantiate that claim. LOL

I'm ready for "grown debating." I'm not a child.

My god. Someone needs to knock you into reality.

You're such a schmuck.

Get a grasp on proper grammar. Punctuation marks go inside of quotation marks my dear. Also, it's spelled "dearie," not "deary."

The irony is astounding.

Quoting hautemama83:

And now with the "bless your heart" shit. You're so predictable its pathetic.

As for the rest -

no I didn't use the wrong word

no I have no issue comprehending anything you've said

Yes ive been helping, and participating in this topic for roughly 15 years now. I've seen and dealt with all sides to this. You can't say the same, thus you naturally lack experience.

All you've done here is said over and over shit happens. Really? That's ALL you've got?

And admittedly don't do shit but donate. Lmfao donationing to Obama doesn't count. Excuses are like assholes with that. You want to make a different, get off your ass and do so.

Anyway I'm done here. Frankly your repetitiveness is annoying, and showing your stupid.

Next time stick with the kiddos, you're not ready for "grown debating".

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting AdellesMom:

LMFAO @ the irony.

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting Sunshinebee0502:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:53 PM

I thought Ryan was incapable of giving a straight answer to ANYTHING she asked him. He skirted around the answers, and changed the subject.

As far as Biden, well, that's just his personality. I thought he did a good job though.

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM

"Mitt believes that life begins at conception and wishes that the laws of our nation reflected that view. But while the nation remains so divided, he believes that the right next step is for the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade – a case of blatant judicial activism that took a decision that should be left to the people and placed it in the hands of unelected judges. With Roe overturned, states will be empowered through the democratic process to determine their own abortion laws and not have them dictated by judicial mandate."

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/values

Quoting hautemama83:

Link it

Quoting AdellesMom:

That's not true. Romney's website says that they'd overturn it, and Ryan said that they'd overturn it if they could last night.

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting Sunshinebee0502:

I'm just curious why do you think they couldn't overturn Roe v. Wade?

Quoting Anonymous:

crissydancer05
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:36 PM
yea it is he kept interrupting him and was constantly snickering or making rude comments.

Quoting mommyoftwo103:

Is this for Biden? I didn't watch the debate. Lol

Quoting crissydancer05:

This is the third time this morning Ive seen that verse quoted. Soo true!

Quoting Anonymous:

Proverbs 29:9

" If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet" 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:12 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Proverbs 29:9

" If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet" 

TRUTH!

DixieL
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:21 AM

I thought the moderator was very good. Joe Biden was great. He swept the floor with Ryan. The only time Joe smiled, was when Ryan was lying and he couldn't wait to answer it. I thought it was put together very nicely. The only thing I wish was different, was that there were more questions on the ecomony, because that is really turning around. Romney wants to put a lot more money into defense, which we don't need at all. We could use that money to straighten out our country. Biden called Ryan out on a lot of his and Romney lies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)