Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Vice President debate

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I thought the debate was terrible, the moderator was a complete idiot and was obviously for Obama. She asked stupid questions about abortion which isn't a main topic, she should been asking questions about the economy. Also Biden was laughing and interrupting nonstop, he completely embarrassed himself. I thought Ryan did good he kept it together. I thought the debate was poorly put together though they shoulda never had that woman be the moderator she was terrible.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Replies (71-80):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Quoting Ann7227:

Really ?? Romney had class Biden doesn't.  Biden is a old grumpy man. Democrats are in trouble.

Quoting CharlieSays:

Yet when Romney did the exact same condescending, interrupting of Obama, he "swept the floor with Obama"? But Biden comes in prepared and he's the rude one? You republicans just can't stop flip flopping can you.

Quoting Ann7227:

Biden was an ass. He was the poor loser. Not Ryan not republicans. He came across as a rude old grumpy man.  If he represents democrats your in trouble. If he wasn't so rude he may have won some brownie points.

Quoting AdellesMom:

I love how Biden is a "mumbling jackass" even in a moment of strength.

Republicans are sore losers. ;)

FIX YOUR PICTURE :)

Aislinn
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Quoting AdellesMom:

I disagree. If I had been up there, I couldn't help but laugh at Ryan's blatant stupidity and lies. I understand where Biden was coming from last night. lol

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting AdellesMom:

So Romney is a fool then?

Gotcha.

Biden is no fool. Also, it was a debate--not an argument.

Repubs are sore losers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Proverbs 29:9

" If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet" 

As a third party,  who can't stand either one of them, equally... Biden did look like a fool. He did look like a man who was presidential. He was very cocky and rude. I wanted to, personally, wipe that smirk off his face. How dare he be so rude to the American People? The state of our country and that is what we get from a VP?  It was not a good look for him. Having said that, Ryan looked like he was going to pee his pants, at any time. Also not very presidential. Ryan sure as hell did not come in a conquer Biden like people said he would. I thought the whole thing was a joke. They both looked like fools and neither one of them is fit to run a country. Just my opinion. ;) 

For the older generations, it made Biden look like a putz. We are not used to candidates acting in such a way. I think it hurt the Obama camp more than the Romney camp. Again, I am a third party who will vote for neither.

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM
I'm not pregnant. So, no. lol

Outlawing it does take away my choice. That's the truth. Plus, forcing people to do something they don't want to do never works out well.

Quoting hautemama83:

You plan on aborting?

Outlawing it in one state doesn't take away your choice. The choice is still there, just less accessible.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Because no one should have a say over what I do with my body.

Quoting hautemama83:

Why is that unacceptable?

Quoting AdellesMom:

He wants to overturn it. If it becomes a "voter issue" it's at risk of being outlawed in some states. That's unacceptable.

Quoting hautemama83:

So in other words it should be a voter issue. What's wrong with that?

Quoting AdellesMom:

" But while the nation remains so divided, he believes that the right next step is for the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade – a case of blatant judicial activism that took a decision that should be left to the people and placed it in the hands of unelected judges. "

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/values

Quoting hautemama83:

Link it

Quoting AdellesMom:

That's not true. Romney's website says that they'd overturn it, and Ryan said that they'd overturn it if they could last night.

Quoting hautemama83:

They've already said they wouldn't. But aside from that to you honestly believe roe v wade would be turned over after standing for years? What would be the basis for overturning it?
Quoting Sunshinebee0502:

I'm just curious why do you think they couldn't overturn Roe v. Wade?

Quoting Anonymous:

Abortions are not an issue!!!! They would have a snowballs chance in hell overturning Roe v. Wade. I enjoyed the debate it was lively and much better than the presidental debate.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Ehhh...I disagree.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting AdellesMom:

I disagree. If I had been up there, I couldn't help but laugh at Ryan's blatant stupidity and lies. I understand where Biden was coming from last night. lol

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting AdellesMom:

So Romney is a fool then?

Gotcha.

Biden is no fool. Also, it was a debate--not an argument.

Repubs are sore losers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Proverbs 29:9

" If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet" 

As a third party,  who can't stand either one of them, equally... Biden did look like a fool. He did look like a man who was presidential. He was very cocky and rude. I wanted to, personally, wipe that smirk off his face. How dare he be so rude to the American People? The state of our country and that is what we get from a VP?  It was not a good look for him. Having said that, Ryan looked like he was going to pee his pants, at any time. Also not very presidential. Ryan sure as hell did not come in a conquer Biden like people said he would. I thought the whole thing was a joke. They both looked like fools and neither one of them is fit to run a country. Just my opinion. ;) 

For the older generations, it made Biden look like a putz. We are not used to candidates acting in such a way. I think it hurt the Obama camp more than the Romney camp. Again, I am a third party who will vote for neither.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof6nokc
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:58 AM
2 moms liked this

That's why Obama's Healthcare atrocity is never going to work.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Outlawing it does take away my choice. That's the truth. Plus, forcing people to do something they don't want to do never works out well.

It's very dear to me, the issue of gay marriage.  Or, as I like to call it:  'marriage'.  You know, because I had lunch this afternoon, not gay lunch.  I parked my car, I didn't gay park it." 

~Liz Feldman~

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:58 AM
It takes away *the* choice (since you don't plan on abortion) for who? What's stopping individuals from going elsewhere? Nothing. The choice is still there. Your pro-choice argument is weak.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting hautemama83:

You plan on aborting?

Outlawing it in one state doesn't take away your choice. The choice is still there, just less accessible.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Because no one should have a say over what I do with my body.

Quoting hautemama83:

Why is that unacceptable?

Quoting AdellesMom:

He wants to overturn it. If it becomes a "voter issue" it's at risk of being outlawed in some states. That's unacceptable.

Quoting hautemama83:

So in other words it should be a voter issue. What's wrong with that?

Quoting AdellesMom:

" But while the nation remains so divided, he believes that the right next step is for the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade – a case of blatant judicial activism that took a decision that should be left to the people and placed it in the hands of unelected judges. "

Quoting hautemama83:

Link it

Quoting AdellesMom:

That's not true. Romney's website says that they'd overturn it, and Ryan said that they'd overturn it if they could last night.

Quoting hautemama83:

They've already said they wouldn't. But aside from that to you honestly believe roe v wade would be turned over after standing for years? What would be the basis for overturning it?
Quoting Sunshinebee0502:

Quoting Anonymous:

Abortions are not an issue!!!! They would have a snowballs chance in hell overturning Roe v. Wade. I enjoyed the debate it was lively and much better than the presidental debate.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Schools need lots of help because the federal government has been sticking their nose in it for years. LOL Nothing our federal government has ever touched has not turned into shit.

State rights are protected by the constitution. It really doesn't matter if you agree/disagree with that it's simply fact. Abortion should be a state issue and the people of that state should worry about electing people that will see things their way.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Well, I disagree. The Feds are supposed to step in when states are in over their heads. ;) I don't want people having a say on what I can and cannot do with my body. I don't want it overturned. Also, schools need lots of help. lol

Quoting bmw29:

I agree with him on this issue and I'm not even against abortion. The simple fact is that it never should have been a federal law anyway. Constitutionally this is a state matter that the federal government needs to butt out of. Just like they need to keep their incompetent noses out of schools.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting hautemama83:

Link it

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting Sunshinebee0502:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof6nokc
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I'm definitely not voting for the Obama/Biden ticket. 

I thought Biden did well.  His style was aggressive and informed.  I don't particularly mind the interruptions as he demonstrated passion for the issues and I think it's OK to watch the candidates tussle a bit while debating. 

I thought the moderator was fine.  Biden got 90 or so seconds more than Ryan but in a debate that is some 45 minutes long that really is fairly equal.

I did think the Biden looked like a buffoon.  I don't think he intended to come off as snarky and juvenile with all the laughing and face making. I think he was trying to look relaxed and non-concerned.  He took it too far and ended up weakening his position, which I thought was a shame.

Ryan's youth and good manners did not do him any favors in the debate. I think he came off as thoughtful, well informed and smart, but he was clearly deferential to Biden and not as comfortable debating.

It's very dear to me, the issue of gay marriage.  Or, as I like to call it:  'marriage'.  You know, because I had lunch this afternoon, not gay lunch.  I parked my car, I didn't gay park it." 

~Liz Feldman~

just_hc
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Overall it was a good debate.  I was slightly disappointed in Paul Ryan.  He's a very intelligent man and should have been more aggressive to get his point across.   Biden did better than I expected although he came off as an arrogant jerk who was not taking anything seriously.   It's a pretty even finish.  However Paul Ryan showed a lot more class than Biden.   The after the debate polls were very evenly split.  I feel the Obama campaign had more to lose and old Joe made them look bad.   It really comes down to the independant vote and they will feel he was rude and condesending.  I think although the debate was pretty even in terms of content....the Romney campain comes out ahead in this one.

momof6nokc
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM

The CNN poll actually has Ryan winning the debate by 48% to 44% (I think those are the exact numbers!)  Anyway, the liberal CNN has Ryan winning it.

Quoting just_hc:

Overall it was a good debate.  I was slightly disappointed in Paul Ryan.  He's a very intelligent man and should have been more aggressive to get his point across.   Biden did better than I expected although he came off as an arrogant jerk who was not taking anything seriously.   It's a pretty even finish.  However Paul Ryan showed a lot more class than Biden.   The after the debate polls were very evenly split.  I feel the Obama campaign had more to lose and old Joe made them look bad.   It really comes down to the independant vote and they will feel he was rude and condesending.  I think although the debate was pretty even in terms of content....the Romney campain comes out ahead in this one.

~Liz Feldman~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN