Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Vice President debate

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I thought the debate was terrible, the moderator was a complete idiot and was obviously for Obama. She asked stupid questions about abortion which isn't a main topic, she should been asking questions about the economy. Also Biden was laughing and interrupting nonstop, he completely embarrassed himself. I thought Ryan did good he kept it together. I thought the debate was poorly put together though they shoulda never had that woman be the moderator she was terrible.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Replies (91-100):
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Women's rights to abortion is one of the main issues I would never vote for Romney. I thought that was a really important topic to get in.
momof6nokc
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

CNN does, indeed, lean left.

A small majority were Republican, considered so small that it was within the measure of error.

Quoting AdellesMom:

CNN isn't Liberal. Also, the majority of the people that took that poll were republican.

Quoting momof6nokc:

The CNN poll actually has Ryan winning the debate by 48% to 44% (I think those are the exact numbers!)  Anyway, the liberal CNN has Ryan winning it.

Quoting just_hc:

Overall it was a good debate.  I was slightly disappointed in Paul Ryan.  He's a very intelligent man and should have been more aggressive to get his point across.   Biden did better than I expected although he came off as an arrogant jerk who was not taking anything seriously.   It's a pretty even finish.  However Paul Ryan showed a lot more class than Biden.   The after the debate polls were very evenly split.  I feel the Obama campaign had more to lose and old Joe made them look bad.   It really comes down to the independant vote and they will feel he was rude and condesending.  I think although the debate was pretty even in terms of content....the Romney campain comes out ahead in this one.

It's very dear to me, the issue of gay marriage.  Or, as I like to call it:  'marriage'.  You know, because I had lunch this afternoon, not gay lunch.  I parked my car, I didn't gay park it." 

~Liz Feldman~

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM
LOL That doesn't even make sense. So you think the federal government is doing a fine job with the PS system but won't ever send your children there? I don't send my child to PS either but it's partly because I believe that they are failing at an alarming rate mostly due to federal involvement.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Oh, I know what the constitution says. Abortion isn't a state issue. If it was, then Roe v. Wade would be unconstitutional. As it stands, it isn't unconstitutional. Also, states already have a say with abortion because abortion laws vary state by state.

I disagree about the schools. But, I don't send my kids to public school and I never will.

Quoting bmw29:

Schools need lots of help because the federal government has been sticking their nose in it for years. LOL Nothing our federal government has ever touched has not turned into shit.

State rights are protected by the constitution. It really doesn't matter if you agree/disagree with that it's simply fact. Abortion should be a state issue and the people of that state should worry about electing people that will see things their way.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Well, I disagree. The Feds are supposed to step in when states are in over their heads. ;) I don't want people having a say on what I can and cannot do with my body. I don't want it overturned. Also, schools need lots of help. lol

Quoting bmw29:

I agree with him on this issue and I'm not even against abortion. The simple fact is that it never should have been a federal law anyway. Constitutionally this is a state matter that the federal government needs to butt out of. Just like they need to keep their incompetent noses out of schools.

Quoting AdellesMom:

" But while the nation remains so divided, he believes that the right next step is for the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade – a case of blatant judicial activism that took a decision that should be left to the people and placed it in the hands of unelected judges. "

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/values

Quoting hautemama83:

Link it

Quoting AdellesMom:

That's not true. Romney's website says that they'd overturn it, and Ryan said that they'd overturn it if they could last night.

Quoting hautemama83:

They've already said they wouldn't. But aside from that to you honestly believe roe v wade would be turned over after standing for years? What would be the basis for overturning it?
Quoting Sunshinebee0502:

I'm just curious why do you think they couldn't overturn Roe v. Wade?

Quoting Anonymous:

Abortions are not an issue!!!! They would have a snowballs chance in hell overturning Roe v. Wade. I enjoyed the debate it was lively and much better than the presidental debate.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof6nokc
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:33 AM
2 moms liked this

The majority of Americans do not want the atrocity known as Obamacare.  Corporations are already taking measures to cut employees to part time in order to avoid paying health insurance costs for employees.  Corporations are raising rates as are health insurance companies.

Romney Care is a STATE health insurance mandate, one I am not very well familiar with.  It is not NATIONAL.  States have the right to be sovereign, the US gov't does not have the right to force Americans to purchase something.  Even the US Supreme Court acknowledged that. 

Obamacare will fail in spectacular fashion.  Indeed it already is.

Quoting AdellesMom:

That is false. Just look at how well RomneyCare is working in Massachusetts.

Nice try.

Quoting momof6nokc:

That's why Obama's Healthcare atrocity is never going to work.

Quoting AdellesMom:

I'm not pregnant. So, no. lol

Outlawing it does take away my choice. That's the truth. Plus, forcing people to do something they don't want to do never works out well.

It's very dear to me, the issue of gay marriage.  Or, as I like to call it:  'marriage'.  You know, because I had lunch this afternoon, not gay lunch.  I parked my car, I didn't gay park it." 

~Liz Feldman~

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Because ultimately the choice is still there. No one is saying one would have to drive across the country to obtain an abortion, but the melodramatics are entertaining. Yes your argument is weak. Very weak in fact. One state allowing the legality of abortion go to vote and possibly be outlawed, does not take away the choice everywhere.
Quoting AdellesMom:

LOL! My argument isn't weak. You can disagree. But, that doesn't make my argument weak. Nice try at fallacious logic.

I'm not arguing just for myself, I'm arguing for everyone. If Mississippi decided to make abortion illegal (if Romney got his way) then that choice would be taken away from the residents of Mississippi. You're being illogical here.

I mean, who's going to drive all the way across the country for an abortion? Certainly don't know anyone that would, and I think that it's erroneous and just plain dumb to think that it's not feasible to have someone drive across Te country for an abortion.

So, the choice wouldn't be there if Mississippi decided to make abortion illegal. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Quoting hautemama83:

It takes away *the* choice (since you don't plan on abortion) for who? What's stopping individuals from going elsewhere? Nothing. The choice is still there. Your pro-choice argument is weak.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Outlawing it does take away my choice. That's the truth. Plus, forcing people to do something they don't want to do never works out well.

Quoting hautemama83:

You plan on aborting?

Outlawing it in one state doesn't take away your choice. The choice is still there, just less accessible.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Because no one should have a say over what I do with my body.

Quoting hautemama83:

Why is that unacceptable?

Quoting AdellesMom:

He wants to overturn it. If it becomes a "voter issue" it's at risk of being outlawed in some states. That's unacceptable.

Quoting hautemama83:

So in other words it should be a voter issue. What's wrong with that?

Quoting AdellesMom:

" But while the nation remains so divided, he believes that the right next step is for the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade – a case of blatant judicial activism that took a decision that should be left to the people and placed it in the hands of unelected judges. "

Quoting hautemama83:

Link it

Quoting AdellesMom:

That's not true. Romney's website says that they'd overturn it, and Ryan said that they'd overturn it if they could last night.

Quoting hautemama83:

They've already said they wouldn't. But aside from that to you honestly believe roe v wade would be turned over after standing for years? What would be the basis for overturning it?
Quoting Sunshinebee0502:

Quoting Anonymous:

Abortions are not an issue!!!! They would have a snowballs chance in hell overturning Roe v. Wade. I enjoyed the debate it was lively and much better than the presidental debate.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM
No, it doesn't. At least, not in my opinion and not with all of the staunchly republican contributors they have on their website. I mean, Lou Dobbs was on CNN for the longest.

Quoting momof6nokc:

CNN does, indeed, lean left.

A small majority were Republican, considered so small that it was within the measure of error.

Quoting AdellesMom:

CNN isn't Liberal. Also, the majority of the people that took that poll were republican.

Quoting momof6nokc:

The CNN poll actually has Ryan winning the debate by 48% to 44% (I think those are the exact numbers!)  Anyway, the liberal CNN has Ryan winning it.

Quoting just_hc:

Overall it was a good debate.  I was slightly disappointed in Paul Ryan.  He's a very intelligent man and should have been more aggressive to get his point across.   Biden did better than I expected although he came off as an arrogant jerk who was not taking anything seriously.   It's a pretty even finish.  However Paul Ryan showed a lot more class than Biden.   The after the debate polls were very evenly split.  I feel the Obama campaign had more to lose and old Joe made them look bad.   It really comes down to the independant vote and they will feel he was rude and condesending.  I think although the debate was pretty even in terms of content....the Romney campain comes out ahead in this one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM

it's a fact Ryan got more time than Biden. Also, Ryan is a blunt face liar. He told just as many like Mitt.

I am for neither parties either way but Biden atleast is a flip flopper unlike both of the candidates.

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:39 AM
*Facepalm*

You have reading comprehension issues. I'm saying that if one state outlaws abortion, it takes away choice in that state. Why can't you understand that? If all 50 states outlawed abortion, the choice would be taken away in all 50 states.

No, my argument isn't weak. You're lax in your understanding.

Quoting hautemama83:

Because ultimately the choice is still there. No one is saying one would have to drive across the country to obtain an abortion, but the melodramatics are entertaining. Yes your argument is weak. Very weak in fact. One state allowing the legality of abortion go to vote and possibly be outlawed, does not take away the choice everywhere.
Quoting AdellesMom:

LOL! My argument isn't weak. You can disagree. But, that doesn't make my argument weak. Nice try at fallacious logic.

I'm not arguing just for myself, I'm arguing for everyone. If Mississippi decided to make abortion illegal (if Romney got his way) then that choice would be taken away from the residents of Mississippi. You're being illogical here.

I mean, who's going to drive all the way across the country for an abortion? Certainly don't know anyone that would, and I think that it's erroneous and just plain dumb to think that it's not feasible to have someone drive across Te country for an abortion.

So, the choice wouldn't be there if Mississippi decided to make abortion illegal. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Quoting hautemama83:

It takes away *the* choice (since you don't plan on abortion) for who? What's stopping individuals from going elsewhere? Nothing. The choice is still there. Your pro-choice argument is weak.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting hautemama83:

You plan on aborting?

Outlawing it in one state doesn't take away your choice. The choice is still there, just less accessible.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting AdellesMom:

He wants to overturn it. If it becomes a "voter issue" it's at risk of being outlawed in some states. That's unacceptable.

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting hautemama83:

Link it

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting Sunshinebee0502:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM
No, Obamacare will not fail. lol

People are greedy--they don't want to pay. Obamacare isn't the best, I agree with that. But, it's a much needed start.

Quoting momof6nokc:

The majority of Americans do not want the atrocity known as Obamacare.  Corporations are already taking measures to cut employees to part time in order to avoid paying health insurance costs for employees.  Corporations are raising rates as are health insurance companies.

Romney Care is a STATE health insurance mandate, one I am not very well familiar with.  It is not NATIONAL.  States have the right to be sovereign, the US gov't does not have the right to force Americans to purchase something.  Even the US Supreme Court acknowledged that. 

Obamacare will fail in spectacular fashion.  Indeed it already is.

Quoting AdellesMom:

That is false. Just look at how well RomneyCare is working in Massachusetts.

Nice try.

Quoting momof6nokc:

That's why Obama's Healthcare atrocity is never going to work.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM
There's nothing lax about my understanding. You're simply to busy "campaigning" to see my point. But with that said, why would having to go elsewhere be a huge deal?

Its not.

Quoting AdellesMom:

*Facepalm*

You have reading comprehension issues. I'm saying that if one state outlaws abortion, it takes away choice in that state. Why can't you understand that? If all 50 states outlawed abortion, the choice would be taken away in all 50 states.

No, my argument isn't weak. You're lax in your understanding.

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting hautemama83:

You plan on aborting?

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting hautemama83:

Link it

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting Sunshinebee0502:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)